Global Water Campaign
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
The initiative originated in the 24th Century in the East African Protectorate, where it purified and transported melt water from Mount Kilimanjaro. Most notably, the initiative operates the GWC Trans-African Pipelines that carry the still relatively clean melt water for distribution across the entire continent. In addition to Earth, GWC was based on other UNSC colonies, including the agricultural regions of Reach.
By the 26th century, the main water purification facility in Africa had fallen into disrepair, while other facilities still continued to be more or less active. It is apparent that the activity of the GWC continued elsewhere, as evidenced by the operational status of some of the initiative's facilities, and the fact that relatively new water barrels with "GWC" printed on them were still commonplace during 2552.
- Mount Kilimanjaro Water Plant - Located in the jungles near Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, this complex was once home to the Global Water Campaign. By the 26th Century, this complex was long-abandoned and had fallen into disrepair, overgrown with African jungle.
- A2 Hydroelectric Facility - Located along an unidentified river near the main complex, the hydroelectric facility was active in 2552. The hydroelectric facility was briefly occupied by the Covenant during the Battle of Earth in late 2552 as they searched for SPARTAN-117, eventually routed by the Spartan and scattered Marine ground forces and a gunship.
- GWC Trans-African Pipelines - Located along the Tsavo Highway, the pipes distribute water across the entire African continent.
- Voi Municipal Water Pump House 03 - One of the many pump houses along the pipelines, supplying water to the industrial town of Voi in Kenya.
- The Halo 3 multiplayer level Ghost Town is located at the main purification complex of the Global Water Campaign.
- GWC barrels can be seen in Halo 3: ODST's Firefight level Windward, as well as the Halo: Reach campaign level Winter Contingency.
A Global Water Campaign water barrel in the NMPD headquarters building.