Birthplace of John-117
Elysium City is an urban center located on the planet Eridanus II.
In 2513, M-EDF 9/21/1, commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Ponder, had an operation in Elysium City. M-EDF 9/21/1 was ordered by FLEETCOM to neutralize the second-in-command to the Insurrectionist leader, Colonel Robert Watts. Against FLEETCOM's insistence on a show of force, Ponder attempted to personally speak to family members of the second-in-command, when a M-EDF 9/21/1 sharpshooter took a hasty shot, completely collapsing the situation.
Elysium City was also the city in which John-117 grew up, before he was chosen for the Spartan-II project and replaced with a flash clone. John originally attended school at Elysium City Primary Education Facility No. 119, where he met both Dr. Halsey and Jacob Keyes in 2517. The school had a substantial playground, including Gravball courts, and a grassy hill were John-117 played King of the Hill.
In 2525, an insurrectionist attack on a nightclub resulted in the deaths of a number of innocent civilians as well as one Colonial Military Administration pilot, sending another into a coma. The resulting investigation into poor management and guarding of military equipment on the CMA's part would be one of the causes of the organization's downfall.
- The city's law enforcement agency was called the Elysium City Law Enforcement.
- Elysium has strong links with the trends of the Halo series, especially through its name. "Elysium" was a Latinization of the Greek word "Elysion," which meant paradise. In Greek mythology, the Elysium Fields were a series of areas where the virtuous dead could exist in happiness.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Contact Harvest
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo: Fall of Reach
- Halo 4 (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Escalation
- Hunt the Truth (Mentioned only)
- Halo: The Fall of Reach - The Animated Series
- ^ Halo: Contact Harvest, page 111
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach, pages 24-31
- ^ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "Dirt"
- ^ Halo: First Strike, page 240