From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
2490 was a year in the 2490s in the 25th century.
- Human space encompasses more than 800 worlds throughout the Orion Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy (ranging from fairly well-tamed planetary strongholds to tiny hinterland settlements). Outward expansion continued, and the Inner Colonies become a political and economic stronghold, though they rely heavily on raw materials supplied by the Outer Colonies. During this period, the planet Reach (orbiting Epsilon Eridani, right on Earth's metaphorical doorstep) becomes the UNSC's primary Naval yard and training academy. Reach is a major producer of warships and colony vessels, as well as a training ground for covert operatives and Special Forces.
- 007 Contrite Witness, Monitor of Installation 02, contacted Installation 00 for a status update.
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 454
- Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 113 (Lord Hood)
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 104
- Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition) - Chapter Two: Humans - Human Colonization of Space, page 43
- Xbox.com - Halo: Combat Evolved, Game Features, Story Line (Retrieved on Nov 7, 2008) [local archive] [external archive]
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual - PART 06: BATTLEFRONTS, The Halo Array, page 98