From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Mongoose impossible to hijack??
Actually, I have hijacked mongooses several times. Your character jumps on the back and you punch the driver, then you get on.
The Mongoose ATV will be in Halo 3 it said in the same place where you learn about the "spartan laser".
Brute Chopper Equivalent?
I do not think that the Brute chopper will be equivalent, and since no one has used the Brute Chopper that is just speculation that should be removed until we play one. By the way, this article looks great now, I think its near complete. --Justin Time 22:17, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
Yes it is the UNSC use it like the BClavix2 18:19, 5 August 2007 (UTC)rutes use the chopper
So the UNSC uses the Mongoose to run things over at a slow speed and shoot things with an autocannon? I think not. --Justin Time 03:21, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
NO I say that they are for:
Reconnaissance and for Infantry suport not for shoot things. Clavix2 21:04, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
Well I am sorry to tell you that the brute chopper's main purpose is NOT reconnaissance, and it DOES shoot things. Also, it is very slow. So it is nowhere close to an equivalent. --Justin Time 04:49, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
The equivalent is When the passenger enters and shoots like the Chopper. Clavix2 05:01, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
Equivalence doesnt matter on how fast it moves or what weapons it has or how strong it is, its all about how you use it in gameplay, and since when is the chopper slow, i recall it quite fast on the E3 2007 demo and you use them both for a quick assault, as well as le ghost, theres more technical terms for it, but im too tired to think about it --«ραcø»º²7| 05:20, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
Yeah im with Paco Clavix2 06:00, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
Look at this quote from Bungie about the chopper:
"...this vehicle is significantly slower than many of those available to UNSC ground forces..."
Now combine that with autocannons, aka bigger calibre bullets then machine guns, and this is nowhere near like the mongoose. Your argument could all be used for the Warthog - the warthog is not that much slower then the mongoose, and if you count a passenger gunner as equal to actual weaponry then the Warthog is equivalent to the Mongoose. --Justin Time 23:41, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
We arent discusing the velocity of the vehicles or the weapons that it have we are saying that you use it in the gameplay like you use the chopper.--Clavix2 File:Halo2emblem.ashx.jpeg|30px]] TALK TO ME "Things I done" 23:57, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
The velocity and the weapons have to do with how its used in gameplay. You will not use a slow vehicle with heavier weapons like a light vehicle with light-no weapons the same way very often. I would not use the Tank like I use the Warthog very much at all for example.
The mongoose is a transport/getaway vehicle primarily, while the Brute Chopper is an offensive vehicle primarily. That is indisputable. --Justin Time 00:09, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
Well i will start a Votation.
Support (for Brute Chopper as a listed Equivalent)
- See my reasons above. --Clavix2 File:Halo2emblem.ashx.jpeg|30px]] TALK TO ME Things I done 00:22, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
- I agree with Timberlake here on a few things, but I still think the Mongoose, Ghost and Chopper are all equivalents, yet their own vehicle in there own way. --«ραcø»º²7| 00:35, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
- Elite's Rule 21:45, 14 August 2007 (UTC)
- Its fast, but it has no gun and, as it was said in the article, it is difficult to run people over with it... it will die horribly in direct combat. just a cut down version of the warthog, trading its combat power for speed Campaign Obsessive 10:08, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
- Dont mean to prod in, but your argument sounds like on for the against group, did you accidentally vote in the wrong spot? --Justin Time 19:10, 25 August 2007 (UTC)
Both the vehicles are light assualt/recon vehicles. Wraiths and Scorps are Main Battle Tanks. Warthogs, Spectres, and Prowlers are assualt transports. Choppers, ghosts, and mongooses are recon vehicles. The tanks are heavy hitters and well armored. Warthogs, Spectres, and Prowlers transport infantry and carry light guns. Chopper and mongoose drivers are exposed with no armor (sure the chopper has a ton of metal in front but on every other side he is exposed). Clearly neither is meant to be used singularly in heavy combat and without support. Both support others and provide tactical assistance. By that arguement they are equivalent vehicles. They have different characteristics but fill the same role. I'm not saying you can't use choppers as lone killing and tank destroying platforms but it takes skill to use it outside its strengths just like the mongoose.
- I agree with Paco the Taco that they are all seperate vehicles with some similiarities, however I believe the differences in use and abilities are too vast for them to be called equivalent vehicles. --Justin Time 00:47, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
Does the Mongoose have a weapons system like all other UNSC vehicles?
They should allow a single handed side arm to be used as the drivers weapon, but they have a back seat position that another person can man with, i believe, any weapon. Captainmarko 02:18, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
The driver can fire?Where is it reffered?--Spartan-007 20:30, 25 December 2006 (UTC)
It doesnt. only the guy riding can fire. he's just saying what he wants, not saying its actually in the game. -- SpecOps306 22:19, 28 January 2007 (UTC)
Will it be the UNSC equivalent to a ghost?
It has the option for weapons and thus is a ghost with variable equipment.
In the new Halo 3 trailer Starry Night you can see that the Master Chief just crashed in a Mongoose. It's especially visible when he throws the shield grenade down before the blast hits. Salty 01:55, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
It also looks completely like a Worthog in the previous angle, then it changes into a Mongoose in the next angle of when the plasma hit his shield grenade. Captainmarko 02:20, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
Its been discussed before: both of them are in there.
KP, on Bungie.net, just put up an article on the Mongoose! Yay! it has a lot of stuff, so is anyone going to check it out?
- Info from Bungie has been added to the article -- Esemono 09:32, 11 January 2007 (UTC)
Epic!Blahmarrow 13:16, September 19, 2010 (UTC)
Mongoose Mod in H2?
i,ve heard that the mongoose can be modded in halo 2 is this true?? user:the evil O,malley
Found a video check it out on the mongoose page. user:the evil O,malley
Seeing as it is a land vehicle it probably won't float and drive 'on' water, but will drive under it, as the warthog did in Halo 1 and 2. SPARTAN-101 17:28, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
Just did a spell check. It's good. Keep it up. Elite's Rule 17:07, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
is the speed on the stats correct? i doubt it, based on the info box, its slower than the warthog, and yet it says it can enter and leave the battle field quickly. if it can only go 60 something miles per hour, i think thats incorrect.
I think it is wrong because it says its slower than the chopper but I've played Halo 3 and it is way faster so someone is incorrect.
Was there a boarding animation for the mongoose in the Halo 3 Beta?I wish I had a collection of every animation for every character model in Halo.--0nyx Sp1k3r 17:44, 25 August 2007 (UTC)BLARGH!!! Bold text
I'd like to say real ATV's are way more fun than halo 3 mongooses, i havent played halo 3, but i know its more fun. ~~Lovemuffin~~
i'de like to see a civilian mongoose (like the Hog)wouldn't that b cool?
I agree, there must be a civilian mongoose since there are civilian hogs.
The above two are not me and sorry about resurrecting this but wouldn't the civilian version basically have about zero differences with the military version?--Theraptor92 20:05, 11 May 2012 (EDT)
I noticed when reading this there is no character compatibility area like there is in other weapons and vehicles pages, I am not the person to make one, but if anyone knows the compatibility it would me much apreciated
Thethirstygrunt™ 19:23, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
- I don't see how you can compare two characters and their compatibility with the vehicle.Bllasae
Why didn't they put it in Halo Wars? They could have given it a chance not to suck, like have a marine with a rocket on the back.
Please tell me what you think!Justin Kane 21:52, February 25, 2010 (UTC)Justin Kane
- Why put it in at all? What role would it play that isn't taken up by another unit? Why would players want to use it? I personally think they left it out because it would have been superfluous due to it being useless as a combat unit and they already had a scout unit that also filled the raider role. So quite frankly it would have been a waste of 1s and 0s.--Zervziel 01:48, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
I agree with Zervziel. Anyway, the mongoose doesn't suck in Halo 3, it's very useful in CTF.--wadjet2 02:21, April 20, 2010 (UTC)
Mongoose in Halo: Reach
Hey, I couldn't help but notice that there was a mod in Halo: Reach beta for The Mongoose. Theres been a lot of videos featuring the mongoose mod and I don't know how to take photos from Youtube videos. And can someone PLEASE make a Halo 3 Differences subpage with at least a picture of the Reach Mongoose AND THIS IS THE GENUINE MONGOOSE IN REACH! Thanks to however would do that, heres a quick page. http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Halo%20Reach%20Mongoose&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1T4ADFA_enAU369AU369&ndsp=18&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw Thanks. --WARRANT_OFFICER:_JORGE-052 CONTACT_CLEARENCE_ACCEPTED
Yeah, mongoose article really needs some halo reach mongoose screenshots.Bottletopman 00:34, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
R the Mongoose the fastest vehicle. Or is the warthog? I needs a answer if u gots one!!!! :) Blahmarrow 02:18, September 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Warthog's faster than the Mongoose in both Halo 3 and Reach. The Mongoose's faster acceleration gives it the illusion of being faster. Also, the Ghost is faster than both when it is boosting, with the Revenant is even faster than that while boosting.Missing Mandible 23:20, 15 March 2011 (EDT)
How do you make this so-called Hyena? Thanks for any input you can give.--One who survived 13:59, 29 May 2011 (EDT)
The NMPD Mongoose
- Unfortunately, the link you provided is only viewable for registered users. — subtank 11:43, 18 October 2013 (EDT)
Well this is a long time late but here this is screen shots showing it http://s536.photobucket.com/user/10of13/library/facepunch%20mod?sort=3&page=1 It was an Role Play mod build for Gmod or something. —This unsigned comment was made by 10of13 (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Authenticity: M274-M "Gungoose" (Taken from the Gungoose.png talk page)
Think this needs to be addressed: First off, where is your source? Secondly, is your source legitimate? I have my doubts, but I will hear your findings, then decide if it stays, depending on if it is or isn't legit. --Xamikaze330, Halopedia Team Talk 15:56, 5 July 2014 (EDT)Xamikaze330
- Okay, so source is legit. But this is still unconfirmed. More discussion is needed. --Xamikaze330, Halopedia Team Talk 18:10, 5 July 2014 (EDT)Xamikaze330
- Bravo is the guy who writes the Halo Bulletins, he's 343's community manager or something like that. He was on this panel along with Certain Affinity employees. They've been showing a few things from the Master Chief Collection, here's the 343 panel at RTX if you want to see the full thing, I just found it. Imrane-117 (talk) 19:11, 5 July 2014 (EDT)
- Okay, I'll take your word for it, since you provided that link. I have heard that voice before, during the presentation of Halo 2 Anniversary at E3 2014 (I didn't go; I just watched it via Xbox LIVE Video). If it really is true, then the UNSC has its own counterpart to the Covenant Ghost, but only for multiplayer, not campaign, sadly. --Xamikaze330, Halopedia Team Talk 19:46, 5 July 2014 (EDT)Xamikaze330
- That would be nice. I do want to get an Xbox One. I just don't want to spend a lot of money. Probably go for the $400 bundle. --Xamikaze330, Halopedia Team Talk 20:10, 5 July 2014 (EDT)Xamikaze330
Authenticity: M274-M "Gungoose"
Think this needs to be addressed: First off, where is your source? Secondly, is your source legitimate? I have my doubts, but we will hear your findings, then decide if it stays, depending on if it is or isn't legit. --Xamikaze330, Halopedia Team Talk 17:36, 5 July 2014 (EDT)Xamikaze330
- All right, so it is from RTX. But the fact that it is from RTX does not prove that it is actual canon. So it will have to be discussed here. --Xamikaze330, Halopedia Team TalkXamikaze330
- Oh forgot to ask, shouldn't the official Halo Waypoint link be posted as a reference too? --Xamikaze330, Halopedia Team Talk 12:25, 15 July 2014 (EDT)Xamikaze330
Lootcrate M274R Mongoose
Seems the recent lootcrate has defined the Reach/4 Mongoose as the M274R Mongoose, meaning that the Halo 3 and Reach/4 Mongooses actually have something showing they are both different variant bar the designs being obviously different right? Noting the Halo 3 model has only ever been refered as the M274 Mongoose.-CIA391 (talk) 07:59, 15 November 2018 (EST)