From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|Political and military information|
Sandmoore received his degree in nutrition and fitness in 2459 from the New Cairo School of Advanced Medicine. At some point in his life he oversaw the advanced UNSC Youth Training program on Reach.
UNSC Spirit of Fire
Personality and trails
Likes and dislikes
Andrew Sandmoore was known to enjoy outdoor climbing, and opera.
According to the Spirit of Fire Archives blog posts by Graeme Devine, the character Lulu Hershey got annoyed at the Spirit paper for discussing Sandmoore, as she viewed him as a "fat chain smoking guy" who broke down and left during the attack on the UNSC Prophecy, leaving the other medical staff as they worked hard to make the dead on arrival Prophecy crew as comfortable as they could during their last days, while he likely found a bottle of whiskey to keep him company.
According to the lead writer Graeme Devine, Sandmoore originally had a bigger role with the Prophecy encounter where he and John Forge started on "opposite sides of the table" but ending up close friends.
In an early version of Halo Wars, Andrew Sandmoore was modeled at Ensemble Studios when everything in the game was going to be in real-time. In this version, Sandmoore originally had a bigger role with the Prophecy encounter with John Forge.
According to Graeme most of the models were all placeholder and none of the real time scenes were ever made, with only the models ever being made. By then the team moved onto Blur Studios, and Sandmoore was out the script. Early concept art for Sandmoore bears an uncanny resemblance to Ian McDiarmid, the actor best known for portraying Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars film series.
A page of the Spirit with info of Doctor Sandmoore.
List of appearances
- Halo Wars (First mentioned)
- Halo Wars, campaign level Arcadia City
- Graemedevine.com - Spirit of Fire, Medbay Breakdown (Retrieved on Apr 12, 2016) [local archive] [external archive]
- Twitter, Graeme Devine (@zaphodgjd): "Sandmoore made it into some of the Prophecy encounter story stuff, not sure if he made it into the comic or not. That rescue was where he and Forge started out opposite sides of the table but ended up strongest of friends. (From memory here, I could be forgetting!)" (Retrieved on Feb 9, 2021) [archive]
- Twitter, Graeme Devine (@zaphodgjd): "It is uncanny, we modeled him at Ensemble when everything was going to be realtime, but when we decided to go to Blur and make it all pre-rendered I believe he was already out of the script." (Retrieved on Oct 19, 2020) [archive]
- Twitter, Graeme Devine (@zaphodgjd): "I’m pretty sure all just placeholder. Non of the realtime scenes were actually ever made although some of the models were. We had moved to Blur Studios for CGI by then (and I supported that)." (Retrieved on Feb 9, 2021) [archive]
- Twitter, Graeme Devine (@zaphodgjd): "Yup, that’s our doctor. His white uniform has been made gray there for whatever cool reason." (Retrieved on Feb 9, 2021) [archive]
- Twitter, Graeme Devine (@zaphodgjd): "@cia391 The one and only picture of the ships cat is in there!" (Retrieved on Oct 31, 2020) [archive]