Halopedia:Requests for Adminship/EwCDnaudee419
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Nominee, please accept or decline nomination.
- I gladly accept this nomination as Administrator. --Councilor Εw C 'DnaudeeBattle Net My Editcount 01:23, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
Reason for Nomination
For the past year, EwCDnaudee419 along with many others have rose to mold a group of Halopedia's best people, known as the "Veteran users". EwCDnaudee has thousands of awesome contributions under his belt, and is one of our best contributors. Since activity is expected to grow within the next few months or so, with the upcoming releases of the Mythic Map Pack, Halo Wars, and other things, more people are needed to monitor and protect the site.
Support (55/4) sysop
- Support - As per my nomination above. File:CommanderTony Signature Logo.png|35px]] Commander Tony, Administrator of HalopediaTalk 9/27/2008
- Support - Along with Specops306, EwCDnaudee has certainly helped to improve the CoH, and has helped out greatly with general tasks. He's definately deserving of adminship, at least from my point of view. HaloDude 18:54, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support- follower of ew c' dnaudee could be more active though user:crashbr90
- Support - As per CT and HaloDude, he has greatly improved the CoH, and has been incredibly helpful to new users, I think he deserves it. Spartansniper450 15:03, Sept. 27, 2008
- Support - ChurchReborn 19:19, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support - I know you will be a great admin. You will be a great help to all of us! Black KatanaMy TalkMy EditcountMy Work 20:44, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support - He's got my respect, and he can be very helpful, so he has my voteSITHASSASIN47 20:40, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support - His stewardship of the CoH has shown he has the ability to oversee much more important functions. -- CoH|Councillor]] Specops306 - Kora 'Morhek 20:48, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support--Andrew-996 File:Haloforgheisonvv4.gif|15px]] "Radio Frequency 9.96" "Confirmed Kills" 21:04, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support - He's a great person, seen a lot of good things changed because of him. Deserves this. Generalkits34
- Support -- Lovemuffin File:Dancing_master_chief.gif|30px]] •••|Ξ| Talk |Ξ| Edit Count |Ξ| Contributions |Ξ|••• 00:45, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support - King-Of-Kings 03:29, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support Why not? The more admins, the better. CoH|Ranger]] Nicmavr My Work My number of edits My talk 04:44, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support -As per above. Dragonblaze-052 05:32, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support - As per CT MasterChiefPettyOfficerSpartan Contribution 06:01, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support - As per everyone else and for helping me out when I was a newb Lt. Church 09:23, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support - As per the voters...Little_Missy - File:Cortana Gif.gif|24px]] 09:56, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support- Hence to what all the other voters have said SubnovaCommIntell 14:32, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support - DadaDa GEARS OF WAR 2
- Support - I'm with you all the way man. -Arbiter116
- Support - You are a great person, and you have my vote all of the way. - Grunt minion22
- Support - I got your 6. File:1209131393 WraithAscendant.jpg|40px]] WraithAscendant TacComm Classified Operations 22:13, 29 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support - I like your idea with the time and edit counts raised in order to vote. you have helped many halopedians, and this site as demonstrated by your numerous edits. Sitheris 00:52, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support - A very active user that very much deserves this role. 30 Sept, 04:41 Gold Elite File:1220083496 GE1.JPG]]
- Your sig is broken - needs a </span> tag after the Gold part. --forgottenlord 13:44, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support Omar-065
- Support Go for it!ThundersUserWiki:Thunderstream328|trea]]m328 18:13, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support Dude, for helping me on my wiki, I vote for you. Major Lucrecio 22:08, 30 September 2008 (UTC) Major Lucrecio
- Support EwCDnaudee419 has done much good for halopedia, I believe he could do even more as an admin. D1134 02:59, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support He's such a good fellow, too...RickrollerGeneralÌṂρεσάḹόґṃΨɫɬɮɺɭʎʟFile:Cavalier_achievement.gif|28px]] 18:01, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support - Change of opinion. =] Lieutenant UserWiki:Matoro3311|Matoro3311]] | File:Lieutenant Grade One.png|30px]] 19:01, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support - Legandary Ranger File:Killionaire.gif|20px]]And then there was one. (talk) (contribs)
- Support He has had many a great contributions to Halopedia, & if he is an Admin, it can only go uphill from there -- Mechanical-Menace 1o-1-o8, 6:32 p.m. (CMT)
- Support EwCDnaudee419 has helped me out a lot. He has also helped some of my friends that use this site. I think he would make a great Administrator! Sgt.Banks 19:42, 1 October 2008 (EST)
- Support The Admiral File:1212237429_Rearadmiralinsignia.jpg|25px]] 08:01, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support - Definitely. Trojan 117 6:34PM 2/10/08
- i think he would make an excellent admin so...YAY!. User:Darth Pesticide 3:53PM 10/02/08
- Support - He is a great High Councilor of the Covenant of Halopedia and would be an awesome Admin. Srry 4 My headshot
- Support BananaCat File:1213452567 Cat-facts.jpg|20px]] Message MeEdits Stats 22:19, 4 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support - As CT said, halopedia is gonna be much bigger. I support him. --Odysseas-Spartan53|File:O-S-53.jpg|40px]] 15:09, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support - You will help this wiki considerably, as I have seen your leadership in action, and it is unfaltering. Demon Razgriz 933 01:49, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support EwCDnaudee419 has done so much for Halopedia. From anti-vandalism to helping new members. I believe EwCDnaudee deserves to become an administrator. Madky1 9:31 12 October, 2008
- Support We need more sdmin to cover everything, including the upcoming halo wars, Halo 3 Recon and Mythic map pack. Diemk2. 06:29 13th October 2008 (GMT)
- Support Consider me not against. Consider me not neutral. Consider me supportive. ~Epeu
- Support I believe EwCDnaudee419 deserves to be an admin.Fleetmaster 17:12 13 October, 2008 (UTC)
Support I do believe that a rise of Halopedians will come, and a new administrator is needed. I will trust veterans and Commander Tony that he is a respected member, and therefor I support him. LemonDragon 19:39 13 October, 2008 (Eastern)
- Support I look up to the people here and I feel that what they feel is good enough for me. Fied 'raschee elite ship master File:42461994-Full.jpg|24px]] (TALK PAGE)
- Support I support EWCDaudee419 mainly because of all the edits that he has made. He is also a very helpful person, he may not remember, but when I first became a Halopedian, he halped me out a lot. I hope he becomes an Admin! Manzaross
- Support I've changed my vote, you as an admin would help a lot. Mr. Halonerd Bow Chicka Bow Wow! 02:03, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support He's really friendly, great for the CoH, and besides, we will need more admins when Halo Wars comes out. kougermasters 04:40, 16 October 2008 (UTC)
Support I will gladly support anyone who is a Halopedia vet. ~Demon Slayer~ 17:03, 16 October 2008 (UTC) Support As per the previous vote, here, here!Chansell130117 Comms Contributions 17:17, 16 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support he has been very helpful to the community including myself and he will be a fine admin - Spec-Opp Spartan 00:48, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support EwCDnaudee419 is an extremely helpful guy. He'll help you on things and knows the community well, especially on the Covenant of Halopedia. My vote is: "Yes on EwCDnaudee419: 2008"-- Force Colonel Valhala 112 File:Colonel-gr4.gif|19px]] Personal COM CSVCarnage Report 05:10, 18 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support Albeit more on the weak side, EwCDnaudee419 has been a great user to work with. I just want to see him be a bit more active and outgoing as an Administrator. Ghost sangheili}}
- Support He has helped us a lot. He deserves Adminship. User:Dandarro nahan
- SupportBllasae 17:16, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
- SupportFile:SoHOfficialSeal.gif|30px]] Talk Contribs Edits Quotes UserWiki:Spirit-of-HALO|Wiki page]] 21:32, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support You deserve to be an admin man! baseball0129 October 24, 15:30
Support Supporting all the way!=) Serantir
- Stricken. You do not have 50 edits.User:RaZoRKillEr117/Sig4 04:37, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
Support He's cool and he treats everybody like a brother. He deserves to be an admin.
- Support He's already a Councillor in the CoH, so he knows how to deal with things. Gunnery Sergeant Gonzalez 01:14, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
# Support FacelessPysch0 supports EwCDnaudee419
- He can when he edits.PK Fire! PK Thunder! PK Flash! UserWiki:Thunderstream328|PK Freeze!]] PK STAAAAARRRRSTOOORRM!! 21:36, 31 October 2008 (UTC)
Neutral (9/2) Sysop
- I do believe ECD deserves this, but I don't see him that often....Gunnery Sergeant UserWiki:Matoro3311|Matoro3311]] | File:H3 GunnerySergeant.gif|30px]] 19:47, 27 September 2008 (UTC) Neutral - As per Matoro3311. Mr. Halonerd File:Extermination2.jpg|20px]] Message Me 22:05, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Neutral -I will remain neutralCF0UoH/A Company|0]]1 01:01, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Neutral He deserves to be an admin, but how many do we really need? CT and SpecOps do a good job along with the others.But where the hell did RR go? File:UNSCoH_Dingo_without_letters.PNG|30px]]UoH/D Company|Major]] SpartytimeTalk 04:23, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- That's the thing, RelentlessRecusant and others are being less consistent with their activity on here. I don't know if it's because of school, or other things, but the more coverage we can get on Halopedia is awesome. File:CommanderTony Signature Logo.png|35px]] CommanderTony, Administrator of HalopediaTalk 9/28/2008
- Neutral - As per Matoro, i've rarely seen him.- My Comm Channel - My Work - My Base - File:1216531774 Extinction.jpg|50px]] 06:43, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Neutral - Never met him. --forgottenlord 14:04, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Neutral - I just don't know the user well enough to vote. --Dragonclaws(talk) 16:09, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Neutral - Ditto Dragonclaws. Sorry. RecUoH/Command Staff|lai]] rj 18:24, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Neutral As per Dragonclaws. As well, I am sure that we could use two more Admonins, but I do not even know EwCDnaudee419 except for a few chance encounters on the IRC. I might change my vote to "Support" sometime soon. SPARTAN-A984 00:44, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
- Neutral As per Dargonclaws (Isn't it always) Thecairocat 21:43, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
- Neutral Meh.--Bam! Major General Sicky The GreatFile:'s_emblem.jpg|15px]] 23:01, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
Against (0/0) Sysop
I'm intrigued by your comments about voting system changes. Where do you see a flaw in our current voting system and what changes would you like to make? --forgottenlord 14:03, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- For starts, I don't like the fact that users make pointless edits just so they can vote. Reaching the goal of 50 edits is all they care about and half the time those users don't stay with Halopedia. I would like to propose that we make some amends to the Voting Policy taking into account the number of edits and time needed to be able to vote. Its unfair to veteran users if all the new users just voe on what they think sounds good at the time and then later on all the users that stay with Halopedia have to deal with that votes outcome. --Councilor Εw C 'DnaudeeBattle Net My Editcount 01:37, 29 September 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, we already take time into account. Voting rules are 50 edits + 1-3 months (depending on what's being voted upon - RfAs are longer than Usergroup elections) since registration. Furthermore, people that make useless edits in the form of point whoring or something similar and have been convicted so that they become banned also have their votes stricken. --forgottenlord 02:31, 29 September 2008 (UTC)
- I understand them, I am saying that they should be harsher. In my eyes 50 edits is to easy and 1-3 months isn't a definitive amount of time. I would rather have voting be not only a Privilege but an Accomplishment as well. --Councilor Εw C 'DnaudeeBattle Net My Editcount 12:52, 29 September 2008 (UTC)
- Grimaces* I've got to disagree with you. Halopedia is a site that anyone can edit, that is run for the community, by the community. The voting rules, as they currently exist, are in a large part designed to prevent abuse - and I think, for the most part, abuse has been prevented. I don't see a lot of people working to get to 50 edits just to vote, and I sure as heck don't see an increase in voting proportional to the size of our community. Even more importantly, I've only seen one stupid vote in my entire time being here - the odd nomination of Sitheris for HotM - this is not a problem
- Quite honestly, I think we have the reverse problem: I think this community keeps falling farther and farther into elitism. I'm not exactly one that can complain, but we do have the problem where our members look down upon the newbies and keep finding bigger and bigger hurdles for them to climb. The system, IMO, works because we let newbies in to do whatever they feel most comfortable doing. If we don't, if we continuously restrict them, we make it very difficult for them to want to become veterans. I've stated before that one of the biggest problems this community faces is turning newbies into veterans - we SUCK at it. Setting the bar higher and higher and making the rules more and more obscure worsens this situation.
- Also, the 1-3 is a definitive number - really it should read 1 or 3 months depending on the vote. --forgottenlord 13:44, 29 September 2008 (UTC)
- Fair enough, you have made some good points although I would still like to see some Minor changes. I would also like to change the Quiz and Poll Policy. That, I believe, is not well enough regulated and the consequences should be more specific depending on offense. --Councilor Εw C 'DnaudeeBattle Net My Editcount 16:08, 29 September 2008 (UTC)
- I agree with forgottenlord on this problem, there has been a decreased level of members rising in ranks. Halopedia is set up where you have to work your way to the top or be crushed at the bottom. Either way, we must encourage members to work their way to the top, and make them know that the status of veteran is very reachable. -- Lovemuffin File:Dancing_master_chief.gif|30px]] •••|Ξ| Talk |Ξ| Edit Count |Ξ| Contributions |Ξ|••• 20:45, 29 September 2008 (UTC)
Again, would you care to suggest your changes for quiz and poll changes. I do agree that current policies are not tight enough or aren't enforced enough (or both), but I'd like to hear your view on this matter. --forgottenlord 00:11, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- Fair enough. Personnally I believe the consequences of violating the Poll and Quiz Policy are to harsh. It states that a member is to be banned for a week for each violation. I believe the blocking time should correlate more to the offense, this may help avoid any accidents or confusion. I also believe that the Policy should be enforced/regulated more as it seems that there are more and more nonsense polls with grammar mistakes (etc.) running rampant everyday. --Councilor Εw C 'DnaudeeBattle Net My Editcount 00:27, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
Huh - I think I could get to like you. --forgottenlord 03:26, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
Personally, I think a RfA for EwCDnaudee419 has been long overdue. The only reason I would disagree with the Administration status would be the difficulty of writing out his name ^.^. But we all know that's not a liable factor. -- Lovemuffin File:Dancing_master_chief.gif|30px]] •••|Ξ| Talk |Ξ| Edit Count |Ξ| Contributions |Ξ|••• 20:39, 29 September 2008 (UTC)
- "your already an admin on Halo Fanon,and I just dont think you should be an admin here"
- — Zeno :P Little_Missy - File:Cortana Gif.gif|24px]] 08:42, 16 October 2008 (UTC)
I sure hopes this RFA for '419 passes, he can be a great help to the community and the editing, which he amounted fully since he was here. File:SoHOfficialSeal.gif|30px]] Talk Contribs Edits Quotes UserWiki:Spirit-of-HALO|Wiki page]] 01:57, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
Nominee, if you accept the nomination, please answer the following questions. It is advised that voters check the nominee's responses before voting.
- When did you join Halopedia? I joined Halopedia on December 18, 2007.
- What do you believe are your most valued contributions to Halopedia? I have great leadership within the CoH and am one of the leading editors on this site.
- What do you believe are your most valued technical contributions to Halopedia? I can recognize when there are programming issues with Templates so I usually fix them if nobody else is around.
- What do you believe are your most valued contributions to the community? I help many users everyday get started with editing the site, their profiles and joining usergroups.
- What is your expertise with programming languages, if any? I'm a quick learner, I have learned all Template language since the beginning of my editing this Wiki and am currently taking 4 computer classes in school.
- Do you administrate any other Wikia? If so, which? Yes, I am the Head Admin. on God of War Wiki and an Admin. on Eglitchipedia (A Site dedicated to Glitches).
- If you are administrated, what changes do you propose? I would really like to see changes within the voting system as well as the Polls and Quizes in terms of qualifications and regulation.
- To the best of your understanding, what does administratorship entail? Taking care of the site including blocking wrongful users, fixing/adding pages and doing what other users cannot.
- To the best of your understanding, when will you be able to check Halopedia after you are administrated, in the event that you are? I am online anywhere from 3 to 5 hours per day.
- What communities are you associated with online, Halo and otherwise? Myspace, Yahoo and Various other Gaming Wiki's.
- What is your familiarity with the Halo universe? I own every game, every novel and every soundtrack available.
- What is your familiarity with Wikia and Halopedia policies? I know them by heart and continue to check them based on things I see users doing.
- What is your relationship with the Halopedia community and current administration? I have a very good relationship with every user I have talked to, that has stayed on this site. I also have yet to have an issue with any Administrator to grace this site.
- How may users contact you? Many, I help run the CoH and many users contact me for Help issues when they see I am a leading editor.
- Yes, my God of War Wiki account is under the name of Enyalius and my Eglitchipedia account is the same however the site is a Wetpaint and not a Wikia Wiki. --Councilor Εw C 'DnaudeeBattle Net My Editcount 09:11, 15 October 2008 (UTC)