From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- "Station and Salvation both command a heavy price."
- — Sangheili Officer's mantra
Officer was an Obedientiary military rank held by Sangheili forces within the armed forces of the Covenant empire. The title exists as a class byproduct of the Major rank, and has few real practical differences beyond the more decorative ceremonial battle armour the officers employ. Like Majors, Officers report to an on-site Evocati official, and may be charged with the command of lances consisting of lesser-ranked Sangheili, Kig-Yar and Unggoy. Unlike Major, the Officer role has only ever been seen observed in use by Sangheili troops.
As a byproduct of the Major role, Officers wear more ornamental armor, which functions with no substantial differences to Major Sangheili equipped with the standard combat harness. The officer harness features much more pronounced shoulder pauldrons and a more elaborate helmet with a backward-swept spike in the center. The design is more standardized than that of ordinary Majors, varying only in color. One color scheme is blood red with a golden tinge and brass-colored highlights; another is matte burgundy with white accents on the arms and legs, the collar, and the helmet.
- Main article: Elite Major
Elite Officers were introduced into the Halo series in Halo: Reach. In-game, Officers serve as the replacement for the series' classic Elite Majors, though have no particular gameplay differences outside of cosmetic changes. In Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Officers were used to replace the Majors in the game, albeit with a crimson red colouration as opposed to Reach's bronze orange. In Anniversary's Library function, these elites are still identified as Majors.
Concept linework of the Officer for Halo: Reach.
A Sangheili Officer in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.
A pair of Sangheili Officers on March on Stormbreak.
- Halo: Reach, Armory: Officer harness Description "Station and Salvation both command a heavy price."
- Bungie.net, Halo: Reach Intel - Concept Art: File name
ReachConcept_EliteOfficer.jpg(Retrieved on Oct 13, 2014) [archive]
- Bungie.net, Halo: Reach Intel - Renders: File name
Reach_E310_EliteOfficer.jpg(Retrieved on Oct 13, 2014) [archive]
- Spartan Games, New Halo: Ground Command Blisters (Retrieved on Aug 25, 2017) [archive]
- Halo Encyclopedia (2011 edition), page 135
- Halo: Reach, Elite Officer in-game enemy
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Elite Officer in-game enemy