Return to Sender
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Return to Sender is an achievement for Halo: Reach multiplayer matchmaking added with the Defiant Map Pack. The achievement was unlocked by returning the player's team's flag twice during a Capture the Flag match. It could be earned on any multiplayer map.
- The achievement's name is a reference to the Halo 2 campaign level Cairo Station's last chapter of the same name.
- As with Crackin' Skulls and Candy from a Baby, this achievement did not actually require the player to be playing matchmaking at all to earn it; it was possible to unlock the achievement while playing custom games, as long as the gametype being played was electronically signed by Bungie. (That is, if the gametype is the same one used in matchmaking.) However, this method required downloading the specific gametype file; with those services shut down, unlocking the achievement in a custom game is now functionally impossible.
- Windows Central, Halo Xbox 360 servers have been shut down, ending an era (Retrieved on Jan 23, 2022) [archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Sunsetting Halo Xbox 360 Game Services in 2021 (Retrieved on Jun 1, 2020) [archive]
- Halo 2 level Cairo Station