From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Prefects were a class in Forerunner society. Sometime after February 2553 the Huragok on Trevelyan reverse-engineered a Prefect's personal armor, leading to the Watershed Division's creation of the Prefect variant for the MJOLNIR GEN2 armor.
The Prefects were first introduced into Halo canon with the release of the Prefect armor in the Champions Bundle DLC for Halo 4. The Prefect armor was designed by concept artist Sean Bigham based on an illustration of a Forerunner "Promethean" (unrelated to the canon concept of Prometheans) done by Isaac Hannaford for the cancelled game, Halo: Chronicles. Hannaford's original illustration was later reused in the Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), captioned as the canon appearance of the Prefects.
List of appearances
- Halo 4
- Champions Bundle (First mentioned)
- ^ a b Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 323: "
- ^ WorthPlaying, 'Halo 4' (X360) Champions Bundle To Add New Maps, Mode, Skins, Armor, Bonus Upgrades - Screens (Retrieved on Jun 26, 2022) [archive]
- ^ Halo 4, Armory - Prefect description: "A handful of critical discoveries have led to this extraordinary hybridization of human and Forerunner technology."
- ^ DeviantArt, Halo 4: Champions DLC - Prefect Armor Concept (Retrieved on Oct 10, 2021) [archive]