|“||Recommended armor systems for Broadsword A/X engagement pilots.||”|
The Aviator helmet has a pilot-centric HUD integration. This ultrawideband machine interlink gives Spartan-IV pilots unparalleled control over their aircraft. The helmet also has a pressure-stabilized rebreather feed.
For decades the notion of specialized pilot armor for Spartans was thought redundant given MJOLNIR variants were already suited for the rigors. With the segregation of the Spartan-IVs into their own autonomous branch, the need for multiple intra-organizational disciplines materialized. This led to the Aviator variant's creation.
Aviator was manufactured by Hannibal Weapon Systems and tested at WG/Facility 93-00/Kotka. It was build from the ground up and was designed for the operation of GA-TL1 Longswords, YSS-1000 Sabres, F-41 Broadswords, and B-65 Shortsword bombers.
Spartan pilots meeting D3-17 regulations and higher are required to use this armor in Broadsword A/X attack fighter engagements operations to comply with standard asset security protocols and the Budgetary Retention Hearings of 2554.
Because of the increased production of the vehicles the Aviator armor was made for, this variant has become popular among Spartans.
Unlock: Spartan Rank 17
- Description: Recommended armor systems for Broadsword A/X engagement pilots.
Available skin: BOND (Bond)
- The BOND skin is obtainable by completing the Wheelman commendation.
Halo 5: Guardians
This armor set in Halo 5: Guardians permanently has the following
Unlock: Common REQ card
- Helmet Description: Usable only by augmented personnel, the AVIATOR helmet's ultrawideband machine interlink gives Spartan-IV pilots unparalleled control over their aircraft.
- Body Description: The AVIATOR suite includes integral gravity compensators and hardware-accelerated flight combat interlinks.
Available skins: Ace, CSAR, and Delta
Ace Unlock: Common REQ card
CSAR Unlock: Uncommon REQ card
Delta Unlock: Common REQ card
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
- The CSAR skin for the Aviator armor stands for Combat search and rescue, missions that typically involve aircraft.
- Ace is military terminology for a pilot who has scored at least five air-to-air kills.
- Delta is Phonetic Alphabet for the letter "D".
- In Halo 5: Guardians, the Aviator body is also used for the LOCUS-class Mjolnir.
List of appearances
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - Page 147
- ^ Halo 4 - Armory description
- ^ Halo 5: Guardians - Armory description
- ^ Halo 4 Interactive Guide - Armor Types: Aviator