Helioskrills are predatory creatures that live in high, mountainous regions on Sanghelios. In order to feed themselves, they remain completely still at a location, imitating a rock, waiting for unsuspecting prey to pass by. There is a Sangheili stance modeled on the helioskrill's hunting position. It allows the performer to appear to be resting, but actually allows the user to be ready to spring to their feet in a matter of less than a second. The user must have a certain amount of stamina, however, because it can cause leg muscles to burn. Thel 'Vadamee used this position whilst being held in a cell by humans in the Rubble with three other Sangheili Zealots. Helioskrills are native to Zolam, a state in the continent of Qivro. D'ero 'S'bud once succeeded in killing one with a spear, similar to his ancestors.
- The "helios" part of their name may derive directly from the name of Sanghelios, their native planet.
- HELIOSKRILL-class Mjolnir, a Sangheili-designed MJOLNIR armor variant, is an unlockable armor permutation in Halo 5: Guardians.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Cole Protocol (First mentioned)
- Halo: Broken Circle (Mentioned only)
- Halo 5: Guardians (Indirect mention)