Qivro is one of the five continents on Sanghelios, the homeworld of the Sangheili. When a Guardian was discovered off the coast of Qivro, ancient Sangheili elders established stone fortresses on the continent's shore to observe and worship the immense construct. Centuries later, the city of Sunaion was built near the Guardian. Before the Sangheili became a space-faring race, Qivro fell under the control of the tyrannical Arbiter Judge-King of Qivro. The Arbiter was eventually overthrown by a coalition of kaidons known as the Swords of Sanghelios. After the Covenant's fall, Qivro became the focal point for the resulting civil war when both the Swords of Sanghelios and Jul 'Mdama's Covenant fought for control of the Guardian off the continent's coast.
Qivro is the location of Nuusra, a region on the planet that is host to numerous historic Sangheili temples and ruins. The Csurdon Sea is located off the coastlines of the ruins of Nuusra. The southern regions of the continent is home to the state of Zolam, a mountain range, and the Temple of the Sundered Sky. The wilderness of Qivro was home to the state of Bothaes.
List of appearances
- Halo: Broken Circle (First appearance)
- Halo: Hunters in the Dark (Mentioned only)
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo: Legacy of Onyx (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Bad Blood
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Sanghelios
- ^ a b c Halo Waypoint: Sunaion
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Swords of Sanghelios
- ^ Halo: Broken Circle, page 277
- ^ Halo: Broken Circle, page 296
- ^ Halo: Hunters in the Dark, page 88 (Google Play edition)