From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
25x130mm rounds are primarily employed by gauss cannons, which are capable of firing the projectiles at velocities of up to Mach 40. Gauss cannons capable of firing the 25x130mm include the following models;
When fired, Anvil rounds create an EMP pulse at the point of impact. The rounds also deal more damage than the standard Gauss cannon munitions. Sergeant John Forge modified his own personal Warthog to fire these rounds.
The 25x130mm armor-piercing, limited penetration/frangible (APLP/F) is employed on M68 and M68B Gauss cannons.
Halo Wars 2
In Halo Wars 2, the Anvil round is available as the first upgrade for the Forge's Warthog hero unit.
- Forge's Warthog upgrade: Anvil Round
- Info: Fires an EMP round, Slows enemy vehicles
- Tier: 1
- Cost: Supplies 0, Power 325
Once unlocked, the Anvil round can be fired as the vehicle's Y ability.
List of appearances
- Halo 2 (First appearance)
- Halo 3
- Halo Wars
- Halo 3: ODST
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo: Reach
- Halo 4
- Halo 2: Anniversary
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo: Ground Command
- Halo Wars 2
- Halo: Evolutions - Palace Hotel
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 181
- Halo Wars 2: Phoenix Logs -Forge's Warthog
- Halo Encyclopedia (2011 edition), page 321
- Halo Waypoint, The Halo Encyclopedia is Out Today (Retrieved on May 15, 2022) [archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Gauss Cannon (Retrieved on Jun 30, 2021) [archive]
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 80