From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|Political and military information
- "Awful day so far. Let's keep it from getting any worse, huh?"
- — Sergeant Major Duvall to SPARTAN-B312
On August 23, 2552, Duvall was present for the siege of New Alexandria during the Fall of Reach. He helped coordinate the evacuation of New Alexandria and was responsible for evacuation transports defenses. When Covenant forces converged on the transports, only two transports remained with one of its pilots urgently requesting permission to take off. Duvall denied the request due to the high risk of any ships being shot down by the overhead Covenant Corvette. The pilot ultimately ignored Duvall’s order and took off to stop Covenant forces from breaking in and killing the passengers, but the transport was ultimately shot down by the Corvette and crashed into the water where it sank. Despite requests for a search and rescue operation, Duvall denied it either because of the enemy’s air superiority making a rescue too dangerous or believing that everyone on board was already dead from the attack. Duvall ultimately received valuable assistance from SPARTAN-B312, who armed several M95 Lance missile batteries around the city, allowing the last remaining civilian transport vessels to escape.
- Because of his radio exchanges with the transport craft, he is considered a plot-critical character, making him the only invincible minor character in Halo: Reach.
- Duvall will disappear if pushed too far away from the landing area, though he may survive leaving it if coaxed into a Warthog.
List of appearances
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)