From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- 'Vadam: "Why are we of interest to you?"
- Phillips: "Because you're an ancient and fascinating culture, sir."
- — An exchange between Arbiter Thel 'Vadam and Evan Phillips.
Xenoanthropology is the study of extraterrestrial cultures, which is the equivalent field to the study of human cultures known as anthropology. Professor Evan Phillips, Dr. Connor Brien, and Dr. Luther Mann are known practitioners of xenoanthropology who were all contracted by the UNSC Navy's Office of Naval Intelligence.
Evan Phillips is a Sangheili expert and distinguished as being a highly fluent speaker of the Sangheili language. In early 2553, he had the privilege of being invited by Arbiter Thel 'Vadam to study their culture on Sanghelios.
Connor Brien was a well-regarded linguist who focused his research on the Jiralhanae race. He was studying the social behavior of Chieftain Parabum's pack on Beta Gabriel at the time of his capture and death.
Luther Mann is considered to be the most knowledgeable man on the subject of the ancient Forerunners, having compiled extensive knowledge of their culture, history and language through his research on Forerunner artifacts and installations  In November of 2553, he discovered the location of Halo Installation 07 during a research expedition on the shield world Trevelyan. Mann is also fluent in the Sangheili language and can even communicate with Huragok.
List of appearances
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Stomping on the Heels of a Fuss (First appearance)
- Halo: Glasslands
- Halo: The Thursday War (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Mortal Dictata (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Hunters in the Dark
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo: Outcasts (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Glasslands, page 66
- Halo: Glasslands, pages 358-361
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "Stomping on the Heels of a Fuss"
- Halo: Hunters in the Dark, page 18
- https://twitter.com/bsangel/status/670658429149540352, Today in Halo
- Halo: Hunters in the Dark, page 85-86