|There is more information available on this subject at Cruiser on the English Wikipedia.|
Even though both UNSC and Covenant fleets possess warships of such classifications, the tactical philosophies of the two navies are different. The Covenant, while possessing many different cruiser classifications, use assault carriers as the powerhouses of their fleets. The UNSC, on the other hand, use cruisers as their heaviest warships, designed to engage and destroy enemy warships that may otherwise threaten a fleet's carrier force. Cruisers served as the backbone of human fleets. However, it should be noted that Covenant cruisers were considerably longer than their UNSC counterparts.
- Prime cruiser - A type of large warship used by Ancient humanity during the Human-Forerunner wars.
The UNSC Pillar of Autumn, a heavily modified Halcyon-class cruiser.
The UNSC Toulouse, an unmodified Halcyon-class cruiser.
- Marathon-class heavy cruiser - A larger cruiser designed to replace the Halcyon-class. Rarely deployed in a light carrier configuration.
The UNSC Euclid's Anvil, an Autumn-class cruiser.
- Valiant-class super-heavy cruiser - One of the most powerful vessel in the UNSC Navy, primarily used in fleet command and coordination.
- Main article: Covenant cruiser
- CRS-class light cruiser - While classified as a cruiser by the UNSC despite the ship's small size, the role of the CRS in the Covenant is closer to to that of a Police cutter . However, following the Great Schism, they began to see frontline use.
- CCS-class battlecruiser - An intermediary warship. It is frequently used, surpassing all other Covenant vessels numerically.
- RCS-class armored cruiser - An older cruiser. It pales in comparison to the smaller, newer CCS-class.
- Forerunner cruiser - A type of vessel used in the Ecumene's fleets that defended Maethrillian.
- Forerunner picket cruiser - A type of cruiser used by the Forerunners.
List of appearances
- Halo Encyclopedia, p. 261
- Halo: Warfleet - p. 26
- Halo: Primordium, Chapter 16
- Halo: The Fall of Reach, p. 238
- Halo Encyclopedia, p. 251 (2010 edition); p. 261 (2011 edition)
- Halo: Fleet Battles, Core Rulebook - page 125
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, p. 191
- Halo Waypoint: UNSC Cruiser
- Halo: Warfleet, Attack Ships, p. 72-73
- Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, p. 41
- Halo Waypoint: Covenant Cruiser
- Halo Encyclopedia, p. 277 (2011 edition)
- Halo: Cryptum, p. 314-315
- Halo: Cryptum, p. 126
- Artstation: Halo: Warfleet
- Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Holiday Shipping