- 1 SPARTAN-IIIs were Offered to be Integrated into the SPARTAN-IV Program
- 2 Mention of the Narrative Multiplayer?
- 3 Seriously? No confirmation of IVs wearing Mark VII?
- 4 Gender Difference
- 5 Active Sex Drive
- 6 Enlistment?
- 7 Timeline of Roster changes
- 8 Mountain Squad
- 9 "Spartan rank" (Sr) cannon?
- 10 Fireteam Kodiak
- 11 Fireteam Castle
- 12 The fate of ODSTs
- 13 Images of SIV NPCs?
SPARTAN-IIIs were Offered to be Integrated into the SPARTAN-IV Program
Was it ever stated they accepted or rejected the offer? --Revan's Exile 22:40, 18 November 2011 (EST)
- That hasn't been explained yet. It'll probably be discussed in the next novel.--Killamint 15:13, 17 January 2012 (EST)
Mention of the Narrative Multiplayer?
We now know that Halo 4 will have some sort of narrative to the multiplayer, so I'm adding a mention of that to the article, ok? Infernal-Blaze 15:18, 6 March 2012 (EST)
- Seems redundant to me. The Halo 4 article states that Spartan-IV's will be usuable in multiplayer so there's no need to state that here. Just like Halo: Reach, we play as Spartan-III's but there's no mention of that on the Spartan-III page, so I don't see a reason for it here either. Maybe it can be featured in a "Trivia" section but not the canon section.--Killamint Comm 11:40, 28 July 2012 (EDT)
Seriously? No confirmation of IVs wearing Mark VII?
I thought it was rather obvious that the Mark-VII would be used on the Spartan-IVs. There's seriously no confirmation in Glasslands or anywhere?--File:PENGUIN4.gif|15px]]FluffyEmoPenguin(ice quack!) 16:58, 6 May 2012 (EDT)
- We also thought it was obvious the Chief was wearing Mark VII. He is not. We can't assume things. All will be revealed in time. -- Specops306 Autocrat Qur'a 'Morhek 05:03, 7 May 2012 (EDT)
This just crossed my mind, but will Halo 4 have gender differences for Multiplayer SPARTANs, like Bungie did in Reach? -User:Yoonhyuk-740
- Given there's male and female characters in Spartan Ops, there will likely be gender differences.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 23:07, 24 October 2012 (EDT)
- Body type, slight armor differences (size), and voice are all unique to women. Grizzlei ♥ ツ
Active Sex Drive
Due to the augmentation process of the Spartan II's and Spartan III's they had no sex drive, should it be mentioned that the Spartan IV's still have theirs as stated by Paul DeMarco in the Departure cinematic where he says "oh Madsen and me,we were just making sure that the laddies of Rio de Janeiro felt safe and secure" as a possible dirty joke? SPARTAN-225 18:48, 19 November 2012 (PST)
- No. Loss of sex drive was only listed as a possible side effect for the S-IIs, not a guaranteed one. Therefore it's not notable. Tuckerscreator(stalk) 00:55, 19 November 2012 (EST)
- Okay, sweet as S225 19:48, 19 November 2012 (PST)
- I'm guessing when they started they chose people who would undergo the procedures to become a Spartan if they agreed, then as time went on they also allowed people to enlist but they'd still have to meet a set of requirements.--Soul reaper 22:12, 1 December 2012 (EST)
Timeline of Roster changes
Based on Palmer's comment about "Old Hands knowing what they were in for" and how Spartan Ops' story begins with a number of SPARTAN fireteams arriving on the infinity--who it appears have never been aboard before given how they didn't recognize their own commander--is it fair to surmise that the Infinity "restocked" it's SPARTAN contingent between Halo 4 and Spartan Ops? Should this be added somehow? -- Spartan 501
I was discussing with Guardaxion earlier on whether or not Mountain squad should be named Fireteam Mountain in order to be consistent with the naming of other Spartan fireteams aboard the Infinity. Reason for this is that I noticed, at least when it comes to Spartan Ops, that the words team, fireteam and squad were synonymous to each other (i.e. Castle Squad = Fireteam Castle, etc.) However, I noticed that while writing my draft for chapter 3, episode 2 of Spartan Ops, Mountain squad was a UNSC Marine unit, not Spartan. My quick "canon explanation" was that Mountain squad had Spartan-IV members serving as auxiliary units or something, or was an error from the developers (which I highly doubt). In either case, I'm wondering what we should name the article. Something more akin to a Marine Corps unit, or leave it as a Spartan team? -'Killjax (Talk) (Contribs)
- If it was called Mountain Squad, then its Mountain Squad. No need to interpret 343i's intentions on this one. Grizzlei ♥ ツ
"Spartan rank" (Sr) cannon?
Is the Spartan rank system we see in War Games a cannon thing? Much of the stuff we see in War Games is, yet this isn't mentioned in the article (I think), so I was just curious. 220.127.116.11 08:25, 28 December 2012 (EST)
- In Spartan Ops, when we receive transmissions, we only see "SPARTAN PAUL DEMARCO" on the corner of our HUD. But I'm guessing the rank we have in War Games is canon because in the Briefing Packet, Palmer wrote a letter to all S-IVs about getting "specializations at level 50" (or rank 50, I forgot), which corresponds with how players need to achieve SR-50 to get Specializations. This is just my assumption though. —SPARTAN331 09:05, 28 December 2012 (EST)
Murphy mentioned Fireteam Kodiak got their Pelican shot down, looks like they're KIA. 1-1 Marines
- True, but Kodiak leader radioed in after it was shot down, so some may have survived.Col. Snipes450 10:32, 20 February 2013 (EST)
Is it me, or did no one but Roland, Palmer, Lasky and Crimson know Fireteam Castle got shot down and killed? No one in Majestic says, "Man, can you believe the Hinge-heads got Castle?" or anything. Tex the Spartan
The fate of ODSTs
Has anyone else noticed the similarity between Spartan-IV MJOLNIR-Recruit armour and ODST helmet? Is it possible one branch is about to supplant the other? - anon