Lima Foxtrot Alpha 43
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Lima Foxtrot Alpha 43, or LFA-43, was a Class-3 Enclosed Heavy Lifeboat attached to the UNSC Halcyon-class cruiser UNSC Pillar of Autumn through Hatch 61 in 2552.
LFA-43 was used when the Pillar of Autumn was shot down over Installation 04. It carried John-117 and seven Marines down to the surface of the Installation. However, the air-brakes blew too early due to a malfunction and were sheared off. All of the Marines and the pilot were killed on impact due to massive blunt force trauma, but the Chief survived, due to the cushioning of his MJOLNIR armor gel layer.
After the crash, the Covenant sent in a lance to investigate the crash site on a Spirit for any possible survivors. John-117 hid himself in the hills nearby and once the Spirit departed, he killed the entire strike team surrounding LFA-43. The Chief then moved on foot to search for other survivors.
List of appearances
- Halo: Combat Evolved (First appearance)
- Halo: The Flood
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- ^ a b Halo: The Flood, pages 49-50
- ^ Halo: Combat Evolved, campaign level The Pillar of Autumn - "AI Constructs and Cyborgs First!"
- ^ Halo: Combat Evolved, campaign level Halo - "Flawless Cowboy"