Wyrd optics suite
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
The Wyrd optics suite is a smart-linked targeting system predominantly found in conjunction with UNSC military hardware related to Project GUNGNIR.
The Wyrd III optics suite is a smart-linked targeting system and a component incorporated into the Grindell/Galilean architecture employed by all M6 Spartan Lasers. The optic suite offers operators pinpoint accuracy over astonishing distances. Its reticule, whether on 1× or 3× magnifications, features a meter on the right side showing the charging status of the laser. The tick mark rests at the bottom of the circular shaped reticule while the laser is dormant, and gradually travels along the reticule's circumference until it reaches the point of origin, indicating that the laser is currently discharging. The GEN2 iteration of the GUNGNIR-class Mjolnir is equipped with a Wyrd III optics suite, with some Spartan-IV personnel favouring the helmet for this reason. During the Requiem Campaign, Spartan marksman Nina Kovan used her GUNGNIR helmet's Wyrd III suite for visual reconnaissance on enemy positions.
The Wyrd IV is a later-generation of the Wyrd optics system, compatible with the GEN3 STORMFALL-class Mjolnir helmet.
- In Anglo-Saxon culture, Wyrd is a concept analogous to fate or destiny.
List of appearances
- Halo 3 (First appearance)
- Halo 3: ODST
- Halo: Reach
- Halo 4
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Infinite
- Vertical Umbrage (Indirect mention)
- ^ Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 179
- ^ Halo 3, Spartan Laser in-game weapon
- ^ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 154
- ^ Vertical Umbrage
- ^ Halo Waypoint, Halo 4 - Vertical Umbrage (Retrieved on Nov 7, 2022) [local archive] [external archive]
- ^ Halo Infinite, Armor Hall: Stormfall - Helmet Description "Only when paired with a Wyrd IV optics suite is the potential of the STORMFALL's fire direction system fully unlocked. Together, the combination of software, sensors, and Spartan redefines hyper-lethal."