From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Creating a section on that page saying "It is unknown if the Halo Theme will return in Halo 4." is pointless, unneeded, and does not follow the MoS. Such sections will simply turn into a load of speculation which is unneeded. It is better to update the page when information regarding this subject is released by 343i.--Spartacus (Talk | Contribs) 12:55, 22 June 2012 (EDT)
Hello Editorguy, a couple of things:
- 1. References - For a guide on how to reference sources, see this page, which will help you put references in the article instead of edit summaries.
- 2. Edit Summaries - Please do not use all caps in edit summaries, as caps can be seen as yelling/shouting. Also, why do you assume that no one believes you? Stating that you feel no one wiil believe you will only make other users question your edits.
- 3. The link you posted in your edit summary shows scanned images, which violates copyright. Do not post links to any scanned images in articles. I will have to hide your revisions since they contain a link to copyright infringing material.
- Alright, so long as other Halo 5 related articles remain devoid of information entirely until launch day. Editorguy (talk) 19:18, 15 October 2015 (EDT)
- As per the Spoiler policy I linked originally, we only accept content from official parties, which would be Microsoft and 343i only. Anything from another party is considered a spoiler and shall not be allowed on the wiki until the day of release. This is not up for debate.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 00:16, 16 October 2015 (EDT)
Re:That wasn't directed to anyone in perticular, sorry.
No worries man. And sorry if what I said sounded overly aggressive, I didn't mean that, I'm sure you're just trying to do what's best for the wiki. -- Topal the Pilot File:Blueteam.png|20 (Talk|Contribs) 09:19, 15 June 2016 (EDT)
I've recently noticed that you get into edit conflicts quite frequently, easily observed by skimming through your contributions. As a formal reminder, do try to avoid starting these types of conflicts as well as getting involved in them. Do not continually revert someone when they disagree with you. Come to an agreement on the article's discussion page before proceeding to edit the article again. I have put a protection on the current article in question for a period of two weeks in order to allow an agreement to be made.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 20:09, 18 August 2016 (EDT)
- Understood. I'll do my best to avoid getting into edit wars in the future. Also, I'd like to note that when there is an edit war both parties are equally guilty. Most of my edit wars happen with the same user, and I feel a bit singled out that only one party (me in this case) gets a warning, while the other party does not get a warning. Shouldn't both parties in the edit war be treated the same? Thanks, I'll stay out of edit wars from now on. let me know your response when you get the chance. Editorguy (talk) 20:40, 18 August 2016 (EDT)
Did You Know
Categorically not trolling
Hey man, I've noticed you've been uploading a few images recently. Just as a reminder, images should be categorised with [[Category:Images of X]] and named with their source as the prefix of the file name (IE an image originating from halo 3 called H3_XYZ.jpg). Thanks. BaconShelf (talk) 06:19, May 13, 2019 (EDT)
- Hey dude! I'll add that category to them if I haven't already. I sometimes put the game name at the end, but I'll put them at the beginning now. Thanks Editorguy (talk) 06:51, May 13, 2019 (EDT)
Hey there. When moving pages (particularly large, high traffic ones like the Prophet pages with a lot of pages linking to them) I'd recommend raising the issue on the talk page first before just going ahead and doing it. There are tools available to move pages much smoother than manually blanking then copy and pasting content across (while also keeping edit histories intact), and in the case of staff we also have bots on hand to go through and cleanup any links that need changing if necessary, so the site isn't covered in redirects. Thanks. BaconShelf (talk) 14:47, July 2, 2019 (EDT)
- Hi! Sorry about that, I was trying to move Prophet of ____ to High Prophet of _____ for the Hierarchs as that's their official title. Unfortunately it didn't go as smoothly as planned, some of the pages I tried moving to already had redirects so it wouldn't let me so I tried doing it manually with the talk pages too. Sorry that it ended up messier than planned. I'll use the talk page in the futureEditorguy (talk) 02:01, July 3, 2019 (EDT)
- This case in question regarding the Prophets has a "interesting" case to be made that I'd like to suggest. But I'll be making that on the forum later.-CIA391 (talk) 15:49, July 2, 2019 (EDT)