Terminal (Halo 2: Anniversary)/Two
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Campaign level: Outskirts
The terminal is a computer screen located on ground floor of the small building in the beach area before entering the highway tunnels. The console's screen flashes "INCOMING MESSAGE" in red.
|Know thy enemy.
SUBMIT SECURITY CREDENTIALS:
TARGET VALUE: ALPHA
REPORT COMPILED BY LT. COMMANDER JAMESON LOCKE
- Locke: "Camber was a major manufacturing center for UNSC fleet materials with a population of 5.6 million."
The camera quickly pans to several orbital defense platforms defending the colony. The Fleet of Particular Justice enters the system from slipspace. The Covenant fleet begins to attack the ODPs and UNSC ships.
- Locke: "After discovering Camber's location, 'Vadamee penetrated the early-warning perimeter without alerting UNSC forces, and began his ground and orbital attacks before most of the planet knew they were in danger."
- Locke: "While seventeen of his ships bombed key defensive positions, 'Vadamee led a group of Elites in a personal assault on UNSC system HQ."
Cut to the UNSC HQ on Camber in the rain. The nearby streets are bombed by plasma.
- Locke: "One of the first units to engage 'Vadamee was the 3rd Battalion Reserves, who were so unprepared for the arrival of the Covenant forces that 'Vadamee found them unarmed and defenseless."
Cut to the view of a helmet recorder sitting on a bench that observes numerous UNSC Marines preparing for combat in a locker room while alarms are sounding. One Marine picks up the helmet with the recorder and dons it. The Marines begin to run towards the exit of the room, unarmed. Suddenly, a door explodes and the Marine with the helmet recorder is knocked to the ground. The view fades to black.
- Locke: "In an unexpected display of what appears to be honor, 'Vadamee allowed the 3rd to finish gearing up before engaging them in combat."
Fade to the Marine with the helmet recorder looking at two Special Operations Sangheili and 'Vadamee approaching, wielding a plasma rifle. The two Sangheili prepare to attack the wounded Marines, but 'Vadamee stops them. He looks towards the Marine with the helmet recorder and drops his plasma rifle. 'Vadamee activates his energy sword and active camouflage. Two other two Sangheili do the same.
- Locke: "While we have had multiple reports of a strict system of honor and ritual behavior followed by Elites within the Covenant, this is the first recorded example of such honor being shown to human opponents. But even given the chance to defend themselves, the 3rd Battalion losses were complete."
The Sangheili wait while the Marine picks up his assault rifle. The Marine fires his rifle and 'Vadamee charges at him. 'Vadamee picks up the Marine and the view switches to a nearby surveillance camera. 'Vadamee impales the Marine and the view switches back to the Marine's helmet recorder as the Marine dies and is dropped to the ground. The rest of the Marines in the locker room fire at the three Sangheili, but all humans are eventually killed.
- Locke: "'Vadamee continued his campaign across many human systems, culminating in his most devastating blow against the UNSC at Reach."
Cut to a view of the glassed Camber with numerous destroyed ships over the colony. A counter showing the colony's human population appears and begins sharply decreasing. Fade to black.