From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- The frumentarii (or here) were the Roman military's covert intelligence-gathering agents. Simply put, they were spies. Catalog uses this Latin term in place of the Office of Naval Intelligence, the most recent functional successor to one of the foremost espionage agencies of the ancient empire. So, yeah, if you or anyone else have any questions about the Latin terminology used by Catalog let me know. Helianthus — All right. Shoot!
One post is missing about the Huragok called "Vergil" in-game, named by Catalog as Quick to Adjust. Post is at bottom in references. I can add this, but unsure where it belongs. --Xamikaze330, Halopedia Team Talk 15:23, 7 August 2014 (EDT)Xamikaze330
Exploratore or Promethean
The latest Catalog entries detail the following:
- Does the distribution of the mjolnir gen 1 mark VI recon variant in halo 3 continue, or must it be earned by achievement as it was before? I ask because I was late to join the community, and thus, never received it.
- Query Answer: [magnus custos] protocols preclude answer to queries regarding [Bungie, Hayabusa, Katana, Recon] Mjolnir accessibility in [highest superlative] [entertainment collection] recording career of Human [Promethean] designated John-117. Contact system Bravo.
Spartans are typically noted as "exploratore" in these entries, whereas John-117 was just now classified as a "Promethean". According to the archive we have, John-117 has never been expressly included in any of Catalog's responses. So this is just an error or really strange and juicy. Helianthus — All right. Shoot!
- It's too specific a term to be an error. Especially when "exploratore" is used in the same post. SFH (talk) 23:50, 12 August 2014 (EDT)
- The difference might be a matter of status - John is de facto commander of the Spartan-IIs (still, as far as I know), who are considered the elite, so according to Forerunner classification the term might just signify equivalence. Or it could be more literal - we never found out just what tinkering the Librarian did to his genes. He might be a literal Promethean to Catalog as a result. Either way, I doubt it's an inconsistency. -- Qura 'Morhek The Autocrat of Morheka 04:00, 30 August 2014 (EDT)
Catalogue query thread
- I'm pretty sure the thread was locked so the Catalog could catch up and answer questions without new ones being created, due to the large amount of questions asked each day. - NightHammer (talk) 00:58, 30 August 2014 (EDT)
Catalog PM post
- I also noticed a couple of posts HERE which haven't been recorded. There are two in that thread. I'd add them myself but the page's format confuses me.--Soul reaper (talk) 08:32, 18 November 2014 (EST)
Is Catalog Still Active?
Does anyone know if the user Catalog is still active and answering questions? Because I still have a handful of questions or so that I'm still curious about. For example, could I ask Catalog what kind of weapons are the Covenant burst artillery officially called? There are other questions, but like I said, if he (Catalog) is still active, could I or anyone else ask a question? --Xamikaze330, Halopedia Team Talk 15:23, 5 August 2016 (EDT)Xamikaze330
- 95% certain that it hasn't been active in a long time. However, if you go to the Halo Waypoint universe forums, you can ask three questions on this page and you have a chance for it to be answered in a Canon Fodder (probably a similar chance to the Catalog answering). --NightHammer(talk)(contribs) 17:31, 5 August 2016 (EDT)
- ok to be a little more broad. The accounts handler is still at 343i. But the account was put on a semi hiatus after its story was delayed after the Section 3 ARG confused a few of the newer members(the Catalog did unfortunatly did start posting near the end of that arg)
- after answering a few of our questions after that the handler went into other pressing Halo projects making the catalog a lot more inactive.(Then eventually completely) Though if they choose to return is beyond you and I. But it isnt out of the question seeing as its story is still unfinished. :) really I been keeping a close eye on the account and will notify this place automatically if something happens and someone doesnt beat me to it. I do have the accounts GT after all.(which I still wont share) -CIA391 (talk) 01:02, 6 August 2016 (EDT)