The TACPAD is a piece of United Nations Space Command equipment. It is a hand-held tactical database system used for analyzing and displaying combat information. It is most often used by commissioned officers and non-commissioned officers in the UNSC military and can, among other functions, pull up maps of the local area and display images. It might be related to civilian data pads.
A dock for the MC5 Individual Data Net/Terminal was part of the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/Tactical accessory series. The somewhat-bulky casing was worn by Commander Carter-A259 during the Fall of Reach in August 2552.
- The forearm-mounted dock for the TACPAD is available as an armor attachment in Halo: Reach. It is available for 50,000 cR in the Armory.
- The Spartan armor TACPAD texture file is called "spartan_forearm_tricorder", an obvious in-joke reference to Star Trek's sensing device.
The TACPAD in Halo: Reach's armory.
List of appearances
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Palace Hotel (First appearance)
- Halo: Reach
- Halo: Mortal Dictata
- Halo: Nightfall
- Halo: Last Light
- Halo: Retribution
- ^ Bungie.net: Type-25 Directed Energy Pistol
- ^ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "Palace Hotel", page 368
- ^ YouTube: Halo: Reach - The Armory Montage