Season 5 (Halo Wars 2)
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Includes content for:
Season 5 was the fifth season of Halo Wars 2 to launch, beginning on July 25, 2017. The season followed Season 4 and was succeeded by Season 6 on August 17, 2017. The season launched alongside the release of the Operation: SPEARBREAKER expansion and the leader Serina; as such the season's emblem is represented by a M88 Bison.
Season 5 Title Update
July 25 patch notes
Patch Notes: July 25th The next game patch for Halo Wars 2 is targeted for release on Tuesday, 7/25 in conjunction with the Serina/Operation Spearbreaker DLC release. Here's a list of fixes and improvements included with this month's patch. (note - for a list of balance changes coming on 7/25, please see this thread)
- Fixed incorrect control group UI when changing from PC to Controller inputs.
- Players are no longer able to see their opponent’s gamertag and rank in Leader Select by opening the friends menu.
- Clarified wording on the override warning message when the player has chosen to restart from checkpoint.
- Squad is no longer taken to the Blitz Find Match menu when the Squad Leader navigates into the Blitz main menu.
- Fixed ‘F’ key radial menu shortcut (PC).
- Fixed an issue wherein AI strategy was not assigned to AI players in some MP matches.
- Fixed an issue wherein AI unit building is delayed on 1v1 Strongholds.
- Build priority for Jackrabbits has been reduced increasing AI build choices
- Supply pad upgrade time changed to 15 seconds.
- Units that die while under the effects of Dying Breath are now included in death counts.
- Units are no longer selectable while inside garrisons.
- Wolverines now automatically path to get in attacking range of garrisons.
- Players can no longer hijack both the Phantom and the unit inside when hijacking with two Spartans at the same time.
- Hero units now receive a damage reduction bonus while inside garrisons.
- Units now take reflective damage when attacking an enemy unit with the Ram ability.
- Shield bars no longer regenerate until full while taking damage during recharging.
- Vehicles hijacked while inside a Shield Generator bubble no longer inherit the Shield Generator’s shield.
- Snipers can no longer attack Sentinels guarding power nodes.
- Fixed an issue with the Hunters’ Assault Beam upgrade not dealing AOE damage.
- Units will no longer sometimes miss hitting Apex buildings placed on corner slots.
- The Phantom can no longer drop units off the map.
- Fixed an issue in which some units could sometimes use an ability twice in succession.
- The Condor will now use it’s lasers against neutral Sentinels.
- The Colossus can now more easily attack Banished Mini Bases.
- Engineers and Nightingales can no longer heal while Dazed from an EMP Mac blast.
- Fixed an issue causing units to sometimes not move to rally points.
- Fixed an issue where units sometimes were unable to gather resources if another unit is already engaged in collecting.
- Air units now return to their original position after automatically moving to attack nearby enemies.
- Made corrections to Warthog upgrade inconsistencies.
- Fixed issue which prevented targets painted by the Mantis’ Designator from taking extra damage.
- Fixed animation anomalies with Jerome’s Command Mantis upon being destroyed.
- Spartans picked up by a Mastadon during a Spartan hijack will no longer become stuck in the vehicle.
- Nightingales hijacked by Spartans with veterancy will no longer retain veterancy after the Spartan dismounts
- Fixed the Things that Go Boom Skull functionality on mission ‘Under the Dark’.
- Correct score inconsistencies while using Skulls Pestilence and Sickness in Co-op Campaign.
- Coop users should now be able to get Gold on mission ‘Hold the Line’ again.
- Fixed an issue with Global Rally Points sliding around in Campaign missions.
- Sugar Cookie skull now works in ‘The Signal’
- Corrected several of the Phoenix Logs
- Fixed various issues with mission ‘Last Stand’ objective ‘Kill the Commanders within 10 minutes’.
- Fixed an issue wherein the bonus objective ‘Kill 5 units with Turret Drop’ sometimes does not appear on objectives screen in mission ‘Hold the Line’.
- Enemy AI no longer build expansion bases on easy and normal difficulty on mission ‘The Foundry’.
- Playing Ghost in the Machine as vision is lost in Blitz no longer prevents further cards being played.
- Sergeant Johnson’s Pelican Transport Leader Power is no longer free after upgrade.
- Passive Siphon and Active Siphon now work on units in motion.
- Field Promotion no longer decreases a unit’s veterancy if above rank 1.
- Units under the effect of Ghost in the Machine can no longer be picked up by the Pelican Transport leader power.
- The Emperor skull no longer causes power cooldowns to cease indefinitely when upgrading to Power Surge 3.
- VFX for Arbiter’s Plasma Bolt can no longer be seen through Fog of War.
- Drop VFX for Arbiter’s Stasis and Mass Stasis can no longer be seen through Fog of War.
- Explosion VFX for Jerome’s Enduring Salvo can no longer be seen through Fog of War.
- Using Forge’s Combat Salvage after Grizzly Battalion will no longer cause drop off Pelican Gunships to settle at the players HQ.
- Fixed damage mitigation buffs for Hunter’s Vehicle Symbiotes Leader Power.
- Powers such as Glassing Beam and Vortex Lightning are no longer cancelled if the player loses vision during charge up.
- Fixed an issue with AMD Radeon R7 that caused screen tearing.
- Fixed an issue with AMD Radeon R7 that caused low fps on default options.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using Ghost in the Machine in a versus AI custom game.
- Fixed an issue in which HDR TVs and monitors were able to see through FOW effects in Campaign.
- Fixed a crash issue that occurred when attempting to access the Theatre.
- Fixed a crash issue when setting a local rally point, saving, and then attempting to set the local rally point at the same base upon loading saved game.
- Fixed performance drops during 3v3 Strongholds gameplay.
- Fixed performance drops during longer 3v3 Skirmish games with 5 AI.
- Fixed game crash when a direct disconnect occurs while loading into a multiplayer game.
- Fixed an issue with Campaign progression loss when switching back and forth between different Xboxes.
- Fixed performance drop with Multi-GPU enabled.
- Improved performance on a hitch that could occur in some games.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when accepting a game invite during mission load.
- Fixed rare issue which prevented player-owned bases from appearing on mini-map.
- Fixed a VFX issue that sometimes occurs when destroying rock walls with the Scarab in mission ‘The Foundry’.
- Fixed a VFX issue with the Retriever Sentinel in mission ‘The Halo’.
- Fixed a VFX issue where projectiles will sometimes appear to cover the whole screen when units are just off camera.
- Holo Decoy Gauss Hog projectile VFX no longer missing.
- Fixed timing issues for Arbiter’s Plasma Bolt and Stasis SFX.
- “The enemy has destroyed one of our buildings” VO no longer plays after player recycles a main or mini base.
- Corrected timing of projectile sound for Mac Blast.
- Sound effects now playing when receiving Blitz card packs for completing Daily and Weekly Challenges.
- Commander Jerome’s unique Blitz cards are now appropriately flagged as “Collected” and can be used to create Jerome decks.
- Removed unfair starting advantage on MP map Highway where in some players’ starting units were close enough to begin collecting supplies automatically.
- Fixed issues with various achievements not correctly unlocking for some players.
- Units put into stasis from Stasis Mines now count toward the Time and Place achievement.
- Global Rally Points can no longer be placed on an opponent’s base plots regardless of whether or not they have built on them.
- Using Arbiter’s Stasis or Mass Stasis is no longer counted twice for game stats.