Prophet of Regret/Quotes
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- 1 Halo 2
- 2 Halo Wars
- 🔊 "When you first saw Halo, were you blinded by its majesty?" - Questioning Thel 'Vadamee in High Charity's Council Chamber.
- 🔊 "Paralyzed? Dumbstruck?" - Continuing his interrogation of 'Vadamee.
- 🔊 "Yet the humans were able to evade your ships, land on the Sacred Ring, and desecrate it with their filthy footsteps!" - Criticizing 'Vadamee for his failure to protect Installation 04.
- 🔊 "Noble Prophet of Truth, this has gone on long enough....make an example of this bungler, the Council demands it." - To the Prophet of Truth for allowing 'Vadamee's trial to be prolonged.
- 🔊 "The Forerunners, our most exalted lords, used the seven sacred rings to flee a doomed existence, to escape their endless struggle against the Flood. Long ago, the Prophets and Elites fought an equally fruitless war. Indeed, I suspect we would still be at each other's throats had the Prophets not found evidence of the Forerunners and their Great Journey." - Giving a sermon through a hologram on Installation 05.
- 🔊 "In a gesture of peace and Reconciliation, the Prophets promised to find the means of the Forerunner’s transcendence, and to share this knowledge with the Elites. The Elites promised to defend the Prophets as they searched. A simple arrangement that has become our binding Covenant." - Another part of the sermon.
- 🔊 "I shall light this holy ring... release its cleansing flame...and burn a path into the divine beyond." - Another part of the sermon. This was heard by Spartan-II commando John-117 and AI Cortana, alarming the UNSC forces on Delta Halo.
- 🔊 "Most of those we encountered on our search were compelled to join our union, to take part in a movement that promised freedom for allegiance, salvation for service. But some….like the Humans, chose to impede our progress, block our access to sacred sites, damage holy relics. For their transgressions, the Humans shall be hunted, until none remain alive." - Announcing the mass murder of the human kind through his hologram on Delta Halo.
- 🔊 "Every member of the Covenant shall walk the path. None will be left behind when our Great Journey begins. That is the Prophet’s age-old promise, and it shall be fulfilled!" - Giving a sermon, promising the Covenant inside the Covenant Empire.
- 🔊 "And I am the Prophet of Regret… Councilor most high… Hierarch of the Covenant." - Infected by the Flood, but still conscious of his own identity.
- 🔊 "Stay where you are. Nothing can be done until my sermon is complete." - To 2401 Penitent Tangent, who said they must activate Halo immediately after meeting John-117, the Reclaimer.
- 🔊 "Of all the objects our lords left behind, there are none so worthless as these Oracles! They know nothing of the Great Journey!" - Yelling angrily, talking to the Arbiter Thel 'Vadamee and John-117 about Penitent Tangent's remark about firing Halo.
- "No matter. The information you have gathered here is most appetizing." - To the Arbiter Ripa 'Moramee, who explained that the humans are closing in on the Forerunner Relic.
- "However, we must protect what we have learned here. Set the Charges and destroy this place." - To the Arbiter, ordering him to destroy the Forerunner relic.
- "The Journey requires sacrifice! Set the charges. Return to us! Our patience is not infinite!" - To the Arbiter, who objected to the destruction of the relic.
- "Arbiter, you are unusually quiet. What troubles occupy your thoughts?" - To the Arbiter at The Apex installation.
- "A most noble cause for one with such a troubled past." - To the Arbiter, when confronted about his assignment to destroy Humanity.
- "The war with the humans will require a great deal many more machines than we can currently muster." - When asked by the Arbiter why he was given his mission to explore Forerunner temples and ruins.
- "And leave us defenseless? No. The Ancients will provide for us." - When the Arbiter states that he will take the forces currently at his disposal, in order to destroy the humans.
- "This world shall be the birthplace for an invasion fleet beyond imagining. Enough to crush the humans quickly and with ease." - Stating that he will use the Forerunner ships within the Apex to destroy the humans without having to use any of the Covenant's own forces.
- "Blasphemy! The key will be found with patience.... but perhaps there is a quicker way. The human female from the ice relic. She has some knowledge of this regard. The new planet the relic has led us to has also led her. Capture that human and bring her here." - Giving the Arbiter the mission of capturing Anders, and returning with her to the Apex.
- "This is her?" - To the Arbiter about Anders.
- "Such a frail thing. You would hardly think them a threat." - Talking about human physical weakness.