From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
The Keyes family was composed of legendary family members who turned the tide of the Human-Covenant War and were remembered as war heroes, with the exception of Dr. Catherine Elizabeth Halsey, who was labeled as a war criminal despite being instrumental in the creation of the Spartan-II Program and Cortana.
Jacob Keyes was born on Earth and had a sister that lived on Dwarka. As a young lieutenant he met with Catherine Halsey who developed the Spartan-II program. The two of them had a child together, Miranda Keyes. Jacob Keyes developed the Keyes Loop tactic and eventually became a renown captain after many years. He died leading the Battle of Installation 04. His daughter Miranda had become a commander and worked closely with the UNSC's leader, Fleet Admiral Lord Terrence Hood, and led the final battle of the Human-Covenant War where she too died in combat.
- Jacob Keyes - A legendary captain who developed the Keyes Loop and led the Battle of Installation 04.
- Miranda Keyes - Daughter of Jacob Keyes. A commander who worked closely with Fleet Admiral Lord Terrence Hood and led humanity in the final battle of the war, the Battle of Installation 00.
- Catherine Elizabeth Halsey - Lover of Jacob Keyes and mother of Miranda. She created the Spartan-II Program and Cortana which were instrumental to winning the war.
- Jacob Keyes' sister - A woman who lived on Dwarka.
List of appearances
- Halo: Combat Evolved, campaign level The Pillar of Autumn: "With all due respect, sir, this war has enough dead heroes." - Cortana
- Halo 4 - Spartan Ops, episode Catherine: "And now we're letting the war criminal touch things." - Sarah Palmer
- Halo: The Cole Protocol, page 23
- Halo: The Fall of Reach
- Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 107
- Halo: Combat Evolved, campaign level Keyes
- Halo 3
- Halo 3, campaign level The Covenant