From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Karnak is a city located in Lombard on the human colony world of Draco III. The city was known for a large fishing industry, and the Gold Sea is located off the coast of Karnak. Karnak was home to the Leeward's dive bar, a tiny airport, and a UNSC recruiting office. It was where Edward Buck lived most of his life prior to his enlistment in the UNSC.
When the Covenant invaded Draco III in 2545, starving Kig-Yar and Unggoy massacred the city's residents. While the Covenant used the world as a hunting ground, Karnak was partially glassed by Covenant vessels. Entire neighborhoods, dozens of kilometers wide, were glassed entirely, while most of the city's high-rise buildings were destroyed. However, the docks were cleaned up by colonists that resettled on the planet following the Human-Covenant War. After the rebellion on Draco III in 2554, Edward Buck returned to Karnak. While drinking at Leeward's bar, he was visited by Jun-A266, who offered him and his team a place in the second class of the SPARTAN-IV program; he accepted.
The city is likely named after Karnak, an ancient complex of ruins in Egypt.
List of appearances
- Halo: New Blood (First appearance)
- ^ Halo: New Blood, pages 15-16 (Google Play edition)
- ^ a b Halo: New Blood, pages 101-104 (Google Play edition)
- ^ Bungie.net: Meet the Squad (6/2/2009)
- ^ Halo: New Blood, page 91 (Google Play edition)
- ^ Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition), page 300 (2011 edition)
- ^ Halo: New Blood, pages 106-107 (Google Play edition)