Halopedia:Image Use Policy
|This page is an official Halopedia policy|
Please read through the policy below to familiarize yourself with our common practices and rules.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints, please post them on the talk page.
- This article is about the Halopedia policy regarding general uploading and use of images. For the Halopedia policy regarding personal images, see Halopedia:Personal Image Policy.
The following guildelines are strongly encouraged when uploading images for use in articles for this encyclopedia.
- In most cases, images should be a PNG image uploaded to the Wiki via the Upload file page.
- Images should be optimized for the web and its size should not exceed 100 kilobytes.
- Images' dimensions should be approximately the same size as on the official site and never exceed 600 pixels in width.
- JPEG format is generally only desirable for "live action" pictures.
- GIF formats are only desirable in the rare case of an animated GIF picture.
- BMP formats are never desirable.
- When uploading the file, be sure to give it a meaningful name which describes its content and more importantly, its use on the Wiki, as in this example:
- "masterchief935.png" is not meaningful. "halo_3_screenshot.png" is more meaningful.
Please note that any non-personal images that hasn't been used within 12 hours of being uploaded will be subject to deletion as unused images.