From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
This is a list of quotes by Dimkee Hotay to a Sangheili comrade.
Halo 5: Guardians
- "One night, I was sneaking around in this ship—I mean I-I was walking, right… just regular walking! But this one Sangheili saw me and he got mad, and started yelling about how there's no honor in being a secret sneaker. Ahh, you know how they are with their honor. It's always honor this and honor that. Have an honor! Take an honor. Do a big honor, hehehe yeah… I forget, what was I talking about?"
- "So, here is a big question: do humans make eggs? True or the other one? I know you give up, so I'll tell you. I don't… remember, actually. But, it was a question we had to know. Another one was "what kinds of things humans breathe?" Not waters! You put them in waters, then forget about it. Heh, they get real quiet after breathing waters."
- "There's this one thing I've been thinking about for years. Say you're a nice thing, right? And there's a mean thing that turns nice things into mean things. But, you caught it. Would you kill the mean thing once and forevers, or would you maybe take the mean thing and put it someplace safe so people in the future could find it, feed it to some dogs? I'm just saying that I might probably not do the second one."
- "How long you train for to join the Swords of Sanghelios? Because I did a lot of training back in the Covenant for all kinds of combat. I done weeks of trainings with all the best guns so I can be the strongest. You know how good Unggoy brains are for makin' a learn, right? It's because of our synap… synamounum… synapses are super great! So we learn the best and the fastest. That's very true, it is. Because of biology. They say Unggoy training for a week is like Sangheili trains for a whole year, because of the power of Unggoy brains. We are weird-smart. Really! Weird-smart!"
- "You ever serve on a space-time ship all out in space? I was on one for years, but can't ever remember the name. I mean, how come we got such complicating ship-time names. Every time you make intel in a battle, the ship's probably blowed up by the time you finish, like "Sir, they're firing missiles pew pew pew at the CSS Pinnacle of Shadowy Gumption and—oh, yup too late! It's explodeded! Don't worry, here comes the Unyielding Double Canooches and oh man! pew never mind!" Gotta give ships littler names like Murder, Flip, or Bob! That's way safer!"
- "You got to quit talkin' in Sangheili, okay? You gotta talk human! I don't understand Sangheili. All I hear is "wort wort wort"."
- "Sometimes, new learns push out the old stuff. You ever had that happen? Like I'm so good at chargin' plasma pistols and throwin' grenades and also bein' friends! I used to be real good at quantum theories once, but then I got way into throwin' grenades! Haha! I think it was a pretty smart decision, you know, since so much of doin' war is when to throw grenades at something."
- "You know, maybe humans are way braver than we think. They doin' all kinds of honors, flying those Pigeons or Peregrine or Percolator ships, or whatever you call them. Like rocks with wings. Seriously, never seen one land the side up you want, or even land it on purpose. Maybe, maybe all those crashes is a strategy. Huh, maybe we're supposed to think "Wow, they treat their own ships so bad, just think how much they gonna wreck ours!""
- "Doisac. Doisac. Doooiisac. Doi-sac. Planet of the Brutes everybody! Coulda' named it anything, they could have! But they named it Doisac. Doisac!"
- "Hey, you wanna do secret telling? Because I got one that makes me very regretted and inside my memories. This once, I was in a very danger place. We had a bunch of other Unggoy, like maybe twenty or fifty of them… I forget, but it was a lot. And things were gettin' more and more dangerous and there was maybe gonna be an exploding soon… I don't know. So we had to escape in a ship before night time, but I do remember that the ship was real tinny smallest and could only do seats for one Unggoy. Only one. There wasn't room for nobody else, nope! And I told everybody! So along the way to the ship, everybody was doin' so much fightin' because not enough seats and some Unggoys was killin' others, or doin' cries, or bein' bravers and makin' heroic sacrifices. Ah, it was so very emotional. And then, there was only me. The last Unggoy alive and I finally got to the ship and it was huge. Huge! You'd have to be crazys to think there was no seats! But anyway, that's my regretted memory. Did I say regretted? I meant proudest. I brought in some piles of rocks just for company and had so much fun in that big ol' ship."
- "So, uh, how come do you figure stuff looks different sometimes? I mean, like guns or the Arbiter. I mean, do you remember being more purpler? I do! Ah, maybe it's just my eyes getting smarter, but I swear sometimes it's like there's a whole spaceship that's different and nobody says anything. And was the Gravemind always so much scary? I don't know, he was like a big puppet, big flappy thing. Ah maybe it's just me that notices stuff."
- "You wanna know what I was thinking about, I mean, just now? Back when I was servin' the Covenant and you're gonna say "Servin' them what?" and I'm gonna say "Breakfast!" and boy haha, are we gonna laugh! But back, uh, back when I remembered what I was talkin' about? Ahh, back then was good times."
- "You know, you don't talk much. Are you just doin' the Sangheili brain-thing? "Keep breathing, very honorable to be breathing and tall and makin' yells at everybody." Are you thinkin' that? Or are you just bein' quiet?"
- "I lots a' times think about how your mouth is weird. And not your mouth in particular, but Sangheili mouths. So I guess I… uh your mouth too, but no offense! Unggoy just spend all day lookin' up into those things and they're creepy! Like four little toothy fingers, just flap-flap-flappin' around. If you guys had tongues, you would be even creepier, right? Hey, hang on! I just realized that you don't have tongues! How do you make food noises? pfft pfffffft pfft pfffffft pft pft pft pft Ha! I bet you can't say that, can ya?"
- "I'm gonna tell ya something I learned that hardest way. You gotta be nice. Nice to everybody. Not just the food nipple manager, but everybody! 'Cause you can call a guy an eggface, one time, one time and it's very funny heheh, it's actually pretty funny. But then, probably, even if it's just three times, everybody asks why you're so mean always. Even though you only said the mean thing like six times! Nine times tops."
- "I used to work for the Didact. It was okay, I guess. Worked for Jul 'Mdama mostly. But he was a jerk. Almost got us all killed and then he didn't, and that was okay too I guess. I mean, not dead's better than dead, right? Just ask my buddy Pelerp. He's dead. And he doesn't like it. At least he doesn't say he likes it. Anyhow, whole time I knew the Didact, he says like three words. Three! He said "I can't be composed!" I wonder if he wanted that for himself and was afraids. I hope he found the way to be that and also not afraids. You know, I was afraid that they would find out that I shooted Pelerp, but I blamed it on the green-demon guy. You know, actually I blame a lot of things on him. You ever do that? That guy was the best! You could shoot him and shoot him, and he never fell over. Not like… Pelerp."
- "So last night, instead of sleepin', me and the other Unggoy was up talkin' about battles. And my buddy Gripple was sayin' all about how he shot at a Spartan human once. No kiddin', I mean I'm serious. And it was an amazing story. It was the kind of story that makes you proud to do a war. Even though we don't do wars with humans no more because the Arbiter said not to, right. Ah, it was so amazing. We forgot that we'd been told to be asleep, I'm serious, like eight times already! But everybody was yellin' so I started yellin' too, and you know how it feels to yell real loud about somethin', I mean real loud?"
- "Unggoy should get more honors. We do all the dangerous jobs, even though you have to be really tough and not cry when you do them. Trust me, because I heard… uhhh… from a friend, that if you have active camouflage on and do a crys, it makes a big sizzle sound and everybody can see me hidin' in the corner. And the mean Kig-Yar in charge of the recruits gets all shouty and gives me hard little bites—ah, my legs! So yeah, super dangerous. There is all kinds of honor in dangerous stuff."