Wind Power Station 7
Wind Power Station 7 is a decommissioned wind power station on Zanzibar Island off the northeast coast of Tanzania on Earth. It is noted as being a mute reminder of the East African Protectorate's late 25th-century attempt at re-nationalization. At the heart of the facility is the massive wind wheel and generator facility of Zanzibar Municipal Turbine 7. The companies Buelterman Carney Cotton & Hayward Inc. and Traxus Heavy Industries also have a presence in the facility. An ancient fortress is located just next to the power station.
- Wind Power Station 7 is the location of the Halo 2 Multiplayer map Zanzibar, the Halo 3 remake, Last Resort, and the Halo 2: Anniversary remake, Stonetown.
- The name of the place (Wind Power Station 7) is another reference to the number 7.
- The fortress on the beach bears some resemblance to some sections of Fort Jesus, a 16th-century fortress in current-day Mombasa.
List of appearances
- Halo 2, multiplayer map Zanzibar (map description)
- Halo 3, multiplayer map Last Resort
- Halo 3, multiplayer map Last Resort (map description)
- Halo 2: Anniversary, multiplayer map Stonetown