Type-27 beam rifle
|Type-27 beam rifle|
Special application sniper rifle
18 kilograms (40 lb)
100 battery units (10 shots)
The T27 SASR is manufactured by the Merchants of Qikost. As evidenced by its designation, the Type-27 was cataloged much earlier in the Human-Covenant War than the comparable Type-50 Sniper Rifle System, which shares the "beam rifle" moniker. Though the T50 was encountered as early as 2531, it was not cataloged until 2550 and did not become a particularly common weapon until 2552, which suggests that the Type-27 saw more predominant use throughout most of the war. Despite being supplemented or perhaps replaced by functionally similar weapons, the Type-27 saw continued use among Jul 'Mdama's Covenant forces as late as October, 2558. The T-27 SASR is now the Covenant’s primary long-range special application weapon, used almost exclusively by scouting personnel and designated marksmen. It is ranked a Rare REQ in Warzone simulations, and is available at Level 6 energy while giving 100 REQ points if sold.
The Type-27 beam rifle is quite similar in design to the Type-50, suggesting that both weapons were derived from the same ancient Sangheili design. However, the Type-27 has a bulkier profile akin to that of the Type-52 Special Applications Rifle. In comparison with the Type-50, the weapon's firing channel is better concealed and is set closer to the muzzle. It features an enclosed focusing crystal compartment rather than its counterpart's open layout. Another major difference is that the Type-27's grip faces straight back, whereas the Type-50's is angled upward; this allows the user to maintain a conventional shooting posture rather than being forced to fire from below the shoulder. The weapon's grip also differs from the Type-52's in the fact that the Sangheili-designed ergonomic grip has been reconfigured to a smaller thumbhole with additional hand grips, usable by multiple species with different hand structures. Through the ionization of hydrogen gas and the use of a linear accelerator, a powerful beam is emitted at hypervelocity speeds, lethally striking enemy targets. The weapon features a 4× to 10× smart-linked scope which will give off a bright purple shine while zoomed in.
- Sword of the Faithful: The Sword of the Faithful is the personalized beam rifle of the Prophet of Regret's majordomo. It is an improved T-27 that features enhanced hipfire accuracy, faster heat dissipation, and a higher rate of fire compared to normal T-27 beam rifles. It is ranked an Ultra-Rare REQ in Warzone simulations, and is available at Level 6 energy while giving 150 REQ points if sold.
- Krith's Left Hand: Krith's Left Hand was reclaimed from the Kig-Yar Pirate Prince's personal vaults by Ripa 'Moramee sometime before the latter became the Arbiter. Unlike other beam rifles, Krith's Left Hand is an advanced T-27 that fires in three-round bursts with one pull of the trigger. A single burst will kill a Spartan in War Games. It is ranked a Legendary REQ in Warzone simulations, and is available at Level 7 energy while giving 200 REQ points if sold.
|See our gameplay information related to Type-27 beam rifle in its gameplay page|
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
- Each shot fired now depletes 10% of the weapon's battery.
- Jackal Snipers can no longer kill the player instantly with the Beam Rifle even on Legendary.
- Zoom levels have been upgraded to 5× and 10×.
- Overheating animation is moderately different.
Changes from Halo 4 to Halo 2: Anniversary
- The T-27 SASR is available only in multiplayer, as in the campaign, the newer T-50 SRS takes its place instead.
- Coloring is changed from pale blue to purple, with hexagon patterning added onto the weapon.
Changes from Halo 2: Anniversary to Halo 5: Guardians
- The T-27 SASR is available in both the campaign and multiplayer.
- First zoom level has been reduced to 4×.
- Jackal Snipers armed with Beam Rifles can now fully deplete the player's health in one hit on Legendary again.
- A second melee animation is now present with the weapon.
- Weapon coloring has been changed to be more similar to the Halo 4 version.
The Type-27 Beam Rifle in Halo 2 Anniversary.
A Hoplite-clad Spartan using the T-27 Beam Rifle in Halo 2: Anniversary.
First-person view of the T-27 on Stonetown.
A Kig-Yar Sniper with a T-27 beam rifle in Halo 5: Guardians.
First-person view of the T-27 on Riptide in Halo 5: Guardians.
First-person view of the T-27 by Fred-104 in the Halo 5: Guardians campaign.
The T-27 overheating in John-117's hands.
First-person view of Sword of the Faithful on Battle of Noctus.
A Wrath-clad Spartan-IV using Sword of the Faithful.
A Mark IV-clad Spartan-IV using Krith's Left Hand.
The Type-27 Beam Rifle in Halo Online.
List of appearances
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- Halo: Escalation
- Halo 2: Anniversary
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Mythos
- Halo: Fractures
- Halo Wars 2
- ^ a b c d The Halo Bulletin: 9.19.12
- ^ a b c d e f g Halo Waypoint: Beam Rifle
- ^ a b c Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 88
- ^ Halo Wars
- ^ Bungie.net: Type-50 Sniper Rifle System
- ^ a b c d Halo 5: Guardians
- ^ Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 71
- ^ Halo Wars: Genesis