Terminal (Halo 2: Anniversary)/Four
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Campaign level: The Arbiter
The terminal is a Forerunner terminal in the room bisected by two Forerunner gas canister conveyors, at the top of the ramp in the far right of the room.
|“||343 Guilty Spark reaches out for assistance.||”|
Space, in high orbit over Threshold. Installation 04 explodes, sending a shard careening across the ring's diameter and through the other side, further shattering it. The camera pans to follow 343 Guilty Spark, having just escaped the destruction.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Quite unacceptable."
Guilty Spark watches the Master Chief's Longsword fly away, and then focuses his attention on the planet below. He scans it and detects the Threshold gas mine. Guilty Spark makes his way to the gas mine. Fade to his meeting with Sesa 'Refumee.
- 'Refumee: "Glorious day! The Prophets will be pleased that we have rescued an Oracle from the humans' violation of the Holy Temple!"
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Why do you keep calling it a 'Temple?' My installation was a weapon, and one which we needed very, very badly."
- 'Refumee: "But Oracle, I do not understand. We were told the rings are salvation; a gateway to paradise."
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Told? By whom? Anyone who told you that is a fool or quite, quite mad. That installation was a beautiful tool, designed to destroy everything the Flood might feed on."
- 'Refumee: "Everything?"
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Oh, quite everything. And if even one Flood spore survived the destruction of my ring..."
- 'Refumee: "Communications: shut down all lines to the fleet. We will not notify the Prophets of our discovery until I hear everything this Oracle has to say."
- 343 Guilty Spark: "I will gladly share what I am permitted, but we have little time. What has been unleashed here could destroy everything you have ever known."
- 'Refumee: "On that, Oracle, we are in agreement."
Camera cuts to the outside of the gas mine, and pans upward to the shattered ring hanging silently above. Cut to black.