In silentium, the librarian mentions a ship big enough to carry assembler sentinels to build the portal, not retriever. So I think an edit should be in place since its those sentinels who built the portal... Erickyboo (talk) 12:58, 6 July 2013 (EDT)
Additional images needed from canon content
Since we all know that the Retriever Sentinel is considered canon, thanks namely due in part to Halo Legends: Origins. But in light of this, we need at least one or two screenshots of the Retriever Sentinel from Origins, for canonical confirmation, so nobody, mostly newcomers to Halo, won't get confused in the event they haven't seen Halo Legends: Origins. I will try to get around to it when I can, but not right now. But I can't guarantee they'll be high-definition. But they won't be too blurry neither. Just so you all know. --Xamikaze330 [Transmission|Commencing] 19:47, 7 September 2013 (EDT)Xamikaze330
I don't own either art books, so could someone that does check if there is more info on the Retrievers (particularly behind the scenes comments) in them? --NightHammer(talk)(contribs) 00:16, 4 April 2017 (EDT)
- There is this kinda trivial comment on this file, that the Strato-Sentinels are Petronas tower-sized. Pretty trivial. — subtank 13:07, 4 April 2017 (EDT)
- Nope - Art of Halo 3, page 128: "One early concept for the Lockout remake involved players ambling around the semi-destroyed insides of a Strato-Sentinel orbiting a resource moon. Deep in the distance, you can see other Stato-Sentinels harvesting the moon's precious resources. While this idea was discarded, it remains an example of the sense of scale we constantly strive to achieve." (There's an accompanying image of just that.) --Jugus (talk) 00:35, 6 April 2017 (EDT)
- How so? Retrievers and Strato-Sentinels are synonymous in Hunters in the Dark. --NightHammer(talk)(contribs) 18:56, 6 May 2018 (EDT)
- Well the Halo Array live stream makes it out that they are seperate entities. Or at least the Harvester is a variant of the Strato at the very least.
- https://youtu.be/fYaxRoAf96s at around 55 mins.
- Well, it's possible that they misspoke which happens all the time in live streams, conferences and interviews. We have two sources (EVG and Hunters in the Dark) confirming that Retrievers and Strato-Sentinels are synonymous. Unless there's further confirmation on the live stream (that what they said is not a mere statement and is indeed canon), this page shouldn't be split.— subtank 09:30, 7 May 2018 (EDT)
- There is further confirmation, Stratos are labeled as a variant of Stewards, not a variant of Retrievers. Source: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/outpost-discoveries Editorguy (talk) 14:28, September 18, 2019 (EDT)
I strongly agree with splitting based on this information: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/outpost-discoveries. Should we really have Stewards, Stratos, and Retrievers all on the same page? There's two different depictions as well.Editorguy (talk) 14:28, September 18, 2019 (EDT)
Update for Stewards and Strato Sentinels
It shows the older design being a different class than the newer design https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/outpost-discoveries. I don't fully understand the differences between Retriever, Steward, and Strato (Stratos are a variant of Stewards, but formerly mentioned to be a variant of Retrievers?) types but with so many different names and images once we understand the classification maybe we should split the Retriever Sentinel into two different pages for different variants. Editorguy (talk) 13:20, September 18, 2019 (EDT)
- Actually if I read it right. It seems Stratos are the "type" and Stewards and Retrievers are kinda like "variants". But I'll ask for clarity. I am going to overhaul Sentinels regardless Its something I been saying for a lil while on the Discord.-CIA391 (talk) 13:53, September 18, 2019 (EDT)
- The question now is how much of Hunters in the Dark was referring to the Retriever design and how much of it was referring to the Steward design? The tentacle legs description from Hunters in the Dark seems to describe the Stewards. But much of the book talks about Retrievers?Editorguy (talk) 15:41, September 18, 2019 (EDT)