From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Skopje was a UEG inner colony and the home to several million people. The planet had highly developed urban areas, roads, and railways sprawled across island continents. It was also home to the headquarters of a shipbuilding corporation. The colony was glassed by the Covenant during the Human-Covenant War in 2547 after a large battle that took place there.
A wealthy CEO built a castle in the colony, which would later prove valuable during the battle. In 2547, the Covenant discovered and attacked the planet. Orbital Drop Shock Troopers were called in to defend the headquarters of a shipbuilding corporation during the evacuation of their shipyards, under the justification that the machines, tools, and personnel that could be saved would be relocated to Reach to continue building parts for the war effort. The Covenant deployed numerous ground troops against the ODSTs, including Sangheili and Kig-Yar Snipers. The Covenant eventually overran the ODSTs.
Gage Yevgenny and another ODST were rescued from approaching Covenant forces by a Spartan-II. The soldier led the survivors to safety while engaging the other aliens. The ODSTs were led to a stone castle that was being used as the Marines' command center. The Covenant's low-level energy weapons couldn't vaporize or burn the stone, just melt it slightly, making it stronger.
The UNSC was eventually forced to abandon the planet and it was glassed by the Covenant.
Skopje was most likely named after the capital city of the modern-day Republic of North Macedonia.
List of appearances
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Dirt (First appearance)
- ^ a b Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 51
- ^ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "Dirt", pages 171-172
- ^ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "Dirt", page 172
- ^ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "Dirt", page 173
- ^ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "Dirt", page 175