From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- "The last problem remains taming young stars. But we're working on that. We send in stellar-class engineers equipped with third-class ancillas—plasma jockeys, we call them. They love the heat, but most vanish after a few hundred years—just go away. We don't know what becomes of them. They get the job done, though."
- — A Miner to Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting
Plasma jockey is a translated colloquial Forerunner term used by the Miner rate to refer to their stellar-class engineers. Equipped with third-class ancillas, plasma jockeys were tasked with "taming" young stars for future use. While most plasma jockeys succeeded in their tasks, many simply disappeared after several centuries, and no one knew what became of them.
List of appearances
- Halo: Cryptum (First mentioned)
- ^ a b Halo: Cryptum, page 221
- ^ Halo 4, multiplayer level, Solace
- ^ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 210