From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
This article is about the UNSC city on Ganymede. For the ODST that participated in the Battle of Installation 04, see Lister (Marine).
Development and creation of Mark VI MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/V variant
Lister was a United Nations Space Command city in the country of Aigburth on the moon of Ganymede. The UNSC has an ordnance testing facility in the city, where the MJOLNIR EVA variant was tested.
- The city may be named after British surgeon Joseph Lister, the first advocate of sterile surgical environments.
- Lister may be a reference to the British sci-fi comedy Red Dwarf, in which a human named David Lister comes from Aigburth, which is a real suburb in Liverpool, England. Additionally, one of David's adventures aboard Red Dwarf takes him to a colony on the moon of Ganymede.
List of appearances
- Halo 3 (First mentioned)
- Halo: Reach (Mentioned only)
- ^ Bungie.net, Spartan Variant: E.V.A. (Retrieved on Jan 16, 2021) [archive]
- ^ Halo 3, Armory: EVA helmet description: "The Mjolnir/V variant was developed and tested at UNSC facilities in Lister, Aigburth on Ganymede, integrating feedback gathered from the Summa Deep Space Incident."
- ^ Halo: Reach, Armory: EVA helmet description: "The MJOLNIR V [V] variant was developed and tested at the UNSC facilities in Lister, Aigburth, Ganymede."