Forum:Halo reddit partnership
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|Forums: Index → Community Proposal → Halo reddit partnership|
This has been something I been working on behind the scenes for a lil while. A more connected community, and well I noticed r/Halo.(Halo Reddit) often used Halopedia links in some of the posts on its wiki. So I decided to ask them if they would be up for a partnership with Halopedia, kinda make those links to Halopedia a lil more official. To which they said yes.
- Support - Vote here. Obviously I would support this seeing as I got this started.-CIA391 (talk) 16:27, 2 May 2017 (EDT)
- Support--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 16:32, 2 May 2017 (EDT)
- Support - Great idea! ArcticGhostXCV (talk) 16:41, 2 May 2017 (EDT)
- Support -- Arcmind Execute long hold for reactivation. AI-COM/ACMD SIGNOFF 16:46, 2 May 2017 (EDT)
- Support -- Monitor 007 17:34, 2 May 2017 (EDT)
- Support - Absolutely. I spend a lot of time on the Halo subreddit, so this would be great to see. Topal the Pilot (Talk|Contribs) 18:08, 2 May 2017 (EDT)
- Support -- Qura 'Morhek The Autocrat of Morheka 18:14, 2 May 2017 (EDT)
- Support - Lord Susto 19:14, 2 May 2017 (EDT)
- Support - DefeatingLine (talk) 23:08, 2 May 2017 (EDT)
- Support - Sith Venator (Dank Memes) 04:43, 3 May 2017 (EDT)
- Support - I've been spending plenty of time on r/halo, I don't see why not. —SPARTAN331 06:20, 5 May 2017 (EDT)
- Support - More visibility is always a good thing. --Jugus (talk) 08:59, 7 May 2017 (EDT)
- Support - Perhaps this and /r/HaloStory? --NightHammer(talk)(contribs) 11:38, 7 May 2017 (EDT)
- Support - --Weeping Angel (talk) 15:30, 8 May 2017 (EDT)
- Support - Do it Editorguy (talk) 00:39, 16 May 2017 (EDT)
- I think this would definitely help strengthen Halopedia's ties with the community and perhaps even boost our traffic from external sources. You have my support. Arcmind Execute long hold for reactivation. AI-COM/ACMD SIGNOFF 17:37, 2 May 2017 (EDT)
- What would this partnership entail? How would it benefit r/Halo and Halopedia? --Weeping Angel (talk) 16:14, 4 May 2017 (EDT)
- Well they already link to us several times in their own wiki. So making a partnership more official felt right.
- How it benefits reddit. Our work will be used whenever it can be used. Simply means they dont need to go out there way and create their own descriptions of other similar stuff for their own areas. Also means in theory if we have any article that is amazing we can get it included somehow in a cool way in their small user ease wiki.
- How it benefits Halopedia. We get more people to come here boosting traffic, and hopefully giving us more potiential editors to make our articles even better.
- Pretty much we continue doing what we do already. This partnership is more in theory a gesture of goodwill between us, than anything we need to work on.-CIA391 (talk) 05:47, 5 May 2017 (EDT)
It would be a good idea, I imagine, to try to recruit new users from reddit, especially those with specialties in certain areas (such as multiplayer or glitches/tricks, all of which are lacking in development here). DefeatingLine (talk) 23:08, 2 May 2017 (EDT)