Terminal (Halo 2: Anniversary)/Seven
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Campaign level: Regret
The terminal is a Forerunner terminal in the large submerged room with Kig-Yar Snipers, Yanme'e, Sangheili Honor Guardsmen, and a pair of Mgalekgolo. The terminal is on the upper level, on the pillar behind Prophet of Regret's hologram.
|“||Losing one's religion.||”|
Fade in on 343 Guilty Spark and Sesa 'Refumee.
- Sesa 'Refumee: "For generations our holy arrangement put the Prophets in charge of religion and technology."
As 'Refumee speaks, the scene fades to High Charity, where four Sangheili are walking down a hallway. Behind them, three Prophets sit in their gravity thrones, watching.
- 'Refumee: (voiceover) "The Elites led our military forces to convert new species, and find relics such as your Halo."
Scene fades to show a group of Sangheili battling an unseen enemy. Scene fades back to High Charity, showing the four Sangheili delivering a large Forerunner artifact to the three Prophets. The Sangheili place the artifact on the floor and kneel before the Prophets.
Scene switches back to Guilty Spark.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "And these relics you sought, the San'Shyuum, your Prophets, told you that they would lead you on this 'Great Journey'?"
Cut to 'Refumee, who pulls out a plasma rifle and opens its heating vents.
- 'Refumee: (examining the weapon) "Yes. Transcendence. Eternal life. Their promises were endless. We gave up our old ways to follow the Prophets' lead on the Great Journey."
He closes the plasma rifle's heating vents and puts the weapon away.
Scene fades to High Charity, showing an overhead shot of hundreds of Sangheili gathered before the Hierarchs in the High Council Chamber.
- 'Refumee: (voiceover) "Gave up all of our history. All of our traditions..."
The Elites all kneel before the Prophets.
- 343 Guilty Spark: (voiceover) "Not all of your traditions, it seems. This Arbiter you mentioned, hasn't that always been a position of power for your species?"
Close up on one of the Hierarchs, who raises his hands as he gives a religious sermon.
- 'Refumee: (voiceover) "Power?"
Scene switches back to the kneeling Elites. Camera slowly zooms in to focus on one particular Elite, who raises his head.
- 'Refumee: (voiceover) "It was long ago..."
Scene fades to show an Arbiter wielding a pair of Energy Swords and impaling an enemy Sangheili through the chest.
- 'Refumee: (voiceover) "An Arbiter was once the pinnacle of our people. Leader of the clans, and Master of the battlefield."
Scene switches back to 'Refumee and Guilty Spark.
- 'Refumee: "But then, an Arbiter committed heresy. And an example was made of him."
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Heresy?"
- 'Refumee: "He challenged the word of the Prophets."
Scene switches to High Charity, showing Fal 'Chavamee gesturing angrily as he argues with a Hierarch.
- 'Refumee: (voiceover) "Challenged... and lost."
Close-up of the Hierarch, who glances to the right. Two shadowy figures emerge to confront 'Chavamee. Cut to a close-up of a helmeted Sangheili with glowing purple eyes. Scene fades to white.
Scene fades in to an overhead shot of a snow-covered field, where 'Chavamee and Haka both lie dead, having killed each other in battle.
- 'Refumee: (voiceover) "So the title of Arbiter became a badge of shame for our most spectacularly failed warriors."
Scene fades back to High Charity. 'Chavamee's bloodstained helmet rolls along the floor before coming to a stop. Scene rotates clockwise to reveal a Hierarch, standing with his back to the camera. Scene continues to rotate, and the helmet is obscured by the Prophet's arm.
- 343 Guilty Spark: (voiceover) "Hmm. Yes, they were accomplished manipulators - back before the firing of the Array. I see at least that hasn't changed."
Scene continues to rotate and seamlessly changes to show a newly appointed Arbiter kneeling before the Hierarch. The Hierarch places the helmet onto the Arbiter's head.
- 'Refumee: (voiceover) "Manipulators? What?!"
Scene fades to 343 Guilty Spark.
- 'Refumee: (off screen) "And before? Before when?"
Scene pulls back to show Guilty Spark studying a rotating holographic image of an Arbiter's helmet.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "I will explain later. Right now, I want you to tell me everything you can of these Arbiters."