From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Project: OUTBOUND was an exploration and colonization initiative created in the 24th-century.
In 2291, humanity developed the Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine. It wasn't until 2310 that the first improved drives entered production leading to the creation of Project: OUTBOUND.
The capstone to OUTBOUND would be the Colonial Administration Authority vessel Odyssey, which would launch from Luna on January 1, 2362, and settle Reach in the Epsilon Eridani system.
- ^ a b c d e Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 42
- ^ Xbox.com - Halo: Combat Evolved, Game Features, Story Line (Retrieved on Nov 7, 2008) [local archive] [external archive]
- ^ Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition) - Chapter Two: Humans - Human Colonization of Space, page 43
- ^ Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 116
- ^ a b Halo Mythos - Rise of Humanity, page 54
- ^ Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition) - Famous UNSC Ships, page 256-257