From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- "I know how to use nicothiotal--which is why I'd never use it in a training exercise."
- — Commander Svenson to Veta Lopis, after being accused of poisoning Olivia-G291.
Nicothiotal, abbreviated as NTL, is a toxic central nervous system depressant considered to be a quick-acting form of Babble Juice. When imbibed, its outward effects resemble intoxication. Overdosing on the agent can leave the subject in a state of permanent hallucination whereby their mind becomes unable to separate the present reality from memory or dreams. Nicothiotal is a favorite of the Office of Naval Intelligence and other intelligence services because of its short onset of action and because someone poisoned with it can simply appear to be inebriated.
- Thiotal is the name of a drug used in veterinary medicine to anesthetize animals. Its active ingredient is sodium thiopental, a short-acting barbiturate. The prefix "nico", implies some sort of nicotinamide is also involved in the compound's structure.
List of appearances
- Halo: Fractures
- A Necessary Truth (First appearance)
- ^ Halo: Fractures, A Necessary Truth