From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- "My mate, Gerdon, was kaidon of Hilot, and he rallied us behind the Arbiter during our civil war. He paid for that decision with his life."
- — Kasha 'Hilot
Hilot is a Sangheili city-state on Sanghelios. At least twelve keeps exist within the state, housing thousands of families. Hilot was considered both a province and cosmopolitan.
By the end of the Human-Covenant War in 2553, the state's kaidon was Gerdon 'Hilot, while his mate, Kasha, was charged with administratively managing the state. When Arbiter Thel 'Vadam announced his intent to ally with humanity and the Unified Earth Government, some states and Sangheili on Sanghelios revolted against him, leading to the Blooding Years which embroiled the planet in civil war.
Under Gerdon's rule, Hilot, along with Chaura, was one of the first states to align with the Arbiter and his own state, as part of the Swords of Sanghelios. During the civil war, Gerdon was killed in combat and Kasha assumed command over her state in the resulting chaos. As the conflict began to die down, Kasha stepped down from her position and allowed Gerdon's best friend to assume the office of kaidon with his own mate assuming her former duties.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Thursday War (First mentioned)
- Halo Fractures
- Lessons Learned (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Legacy of Onyx (Mentioned only)
- ^ a b c d Halo: Fractures - Lessons Learned
- ^ Halo: Legacy of Onyx, chapter 27
- ^ Halo: The Thursday War, page 154