From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
The Colonial Cross is a military decoration awarded to Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, and Airmen of the United Nations Space Command for "acts of singular daring and devotion". It is the highest decoration a UNSC serviceman or woman can earn in wartime and is usually awarded in a ceremony recognizing the person who has won the award.
In 2552, Fleet Admiral Sir Terrence Hood held a highly publicized ceremony to award several Colonial Crosses aboard Cairo Station.
- Vice Admiral Ysionris Jeromi (Awarded twice)
- Captain Jacob Keyes (posthumously)
- Master Chief Petty Officer John-117
- Sergeant Major Avery Johnson
In the Halo 2 Anniversary cutscenes, the medal is depicted with a solid red ribbon, rather than the blue, red, and gold ribbon of the original game.
Fleet Admiral Terrence Hood posthumously awards Captain Jacob Keyes his Colonial Cross, accepted by his daughter Commander Miranda Keyes.
- ^ Halo 2, campaign level Cairo Station: Lord Hood: "Sergeant Major, The Colonial Cross is awarded for acts of singular daring and devotion, for a soldier of the United Earth Space Corps..."
- ^ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
- ^ a b Halo 2, campaign level Cairo Station
- ^ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 104