From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|There is more information available on this subject at Tom Salta on the English Wikipedia.|
Tom Salta is a music composer working in collaboration with 343 Industries. From Norwalk, Connecticut, United States, he is a recording artist and soundtrack composer. He is known for his work with Prince of Persia, the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon franchise, and Red Steel.
Salta claims that the soundtrack from Halo: Combat Evolved had inspired him to begin composing video game scores. After the release of Combat Evolved, Salta wrote a fan letter to Martin O'Donnell, stating that he would love to work with him. In 2011, he helped with the production and creation of the Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Original Soundtrack, collaborating with Pyramind Studios. In 2013, he was contracted by 343 Industries to compose the soundtrack for Halo: Spartan Assault. In 2014, Salta was responsible for adaptation and orchestration of the Halo 2 Anniversary Original Soundtrack, working with several other composers and Skywalker Sound. The composers completely recreated and re-orchestrated the original soundtrack for Halo 2: Anniversary. In 2015, he composed the soundtrack for Halo: Spartan Strike and Halo: The Fall of Reach - The Animated Series and the original score for Halo Online.
- Forbes.com: An Interview With 'Halo: Spartan Assault' Composer Tom Salta
- Amazon.com: Halo: Anniversary soundtrack
- TomSalta.com: Tom Salta provides the original score to Halo: Spartan Assault
- IGN: Listen to the Halo 2 Anniversary Soundtrack Right Now
- Halo Waypoint: Community Update - Forging Ahead
- tomsalta, Halo Online (Retrieved on Mar 4, 2021) [archive]