Terminal (Halo 4)/Five
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Campaign level: Reclaimer
After the Librarian cutscene. Exit the Librarian's chamber like you normally would, but instead of heading straight for the elevator, take a detour down the corridor on the right. The Terminal should be in the end of the corridor.
Note: Halo Waypoint names Terminal Three as "Charum Hakkor" and Terminal Four as "Flood". The subject matter of each terminal makes it clear that these titles were erroneously swapped at some point in the game's production. The article restores the titles in accordance with 343 Industries' original intent.
|“||Humanity defeated, the Forerunners now face a new foe.||”|
Forthencho, now aged after decades of war with the Forerunners, lies in a bed.
- Didact: "Lord of Admirals. So very many years have we battled."
Shot of a door. The door explodes inward, and Forerunner Warrior-Servants storm the room beyond. They proceed to destroy the defending human forces, as the Didact narrates.
- Didact: "My finest opponent, the Mantle accepts all who live fiercely, who defend their young, who build and struggle and grow, and even those who dominate - as humans have dominated; cruelly, without wisdom."
Shot of a large Forerunner fleet in orbit around Charum Hakkor. The camera pans right, revealing the wreckage of human ships and stations. The Didact strides down a passage. Warrior-Servants float to the sides, and human bodies litter the floor. Didact enters the bridge, where the final human resistance shelters behind energy barriers, rifles pointed at the door. Front and center stands Forthencho and one other soldier.
- Didact: "But for all of us, there is a time like this..."
Didact's troops train their weapons on the humans. Forthencho places a hand on the gun of the soldier next to him, and forces the barrel downward. The camera pans down across the vast cityscape of Charum Hakkor, and then to a bunker below ground, where row upon row of human wounded and dead are laid out on beds. Forerunner machines float between rows.
- Didact: "...And for you, that time is now. Know this, relentless enemy, killer of our children. Lord of Admirals. Soon we will face the enemy you have faced, and we are afraid."
Didact enters a research lab. The Librarian is there, looking at a stored Pod infector.
- Librarian: "My Lifeworkers are investigating, but I believe the humans were never attacking us."
- Didact: "Tell that to the millions of dead."
- Librarian: "The humans were acting as caretakers, pruning away planets so that this infection would not spread."
- Didact: "They took the Mantle of Responsibility upon themselves, and in so doing, they brought the sickness to our shores."
The Didact leaves the room.
- Librarian: "Husband..."