Terminal (Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary)/Seven
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Campaign level: The Library (video-guide)
The seventh terminal is located on the Library's third floor. You will eventually come to the index chamber - a room with a large circular room, with the Index platform above it. Go either right or left and jump over the low barriers until you get to the opposite side. The terminal flashes yellow, and can be clearly seen across the chasm.
|“||Who monitors the Monitor?||”|
A close-up of Spark's eye is shown.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Alone..."
His eye starts to flash red as rampancy sets in.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Alone. Alone. Alone. Alone."
Spark is floating silently above the edge of a cliff.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Am I the only intelligence left? Waiting here on this ring for a rebirth never truly conceived. Guarding a weapon with no targets... A weapon I can tune to any target."
A schematic of Installation 04 appears. The view rapidly zooms to intergalatic space.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "This is not what I had in mind when I volunteered. Not what I had in mind at all."
A crowd of Forerunners is shown standing in a massive amphitheater.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "I am naïve to think I understood what this Installation meant. We were all so naïve."
A cloud of Sentinels are finalizing the Halo's construction. A Forerunner silently observes from a nearby ship's window.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Looking back, we should have done a few things differently."
Spark flies through the sky of the installation.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "For one thing, we should have installed two caretakers per installation."
Guilty Spark imagines an identical monitor flying next to him. The duplicate vanishes after flying into a cloud, leaving Spark alone.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Because I am alone, I am losing focus. And that is very, very dangerous for a system such as myself."
Spark flies into space, amidst a meteorite field over the ring. He observes a nearby nebula.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Perhaps a visit to the nearby gas giant would be in order. My impulse drives could certainly make the journey."
The camera quickly zooms into the nebulae, speeding past innumerable stars.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "A few hundred years of travel might do me some good."
Suddenly, the view emerges out of the nebulae to a front view of Installation 04.
Spark flies past several structures on the Installation. The area is covered in snow.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "There it was again. How very unproductive of me."
A holographic scan of a RNA/DNA strand is being analyzed. Sentinels are categorizing biological data in a large-scale storage facility.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "It seems strange that the Librarian did not account for this. Her strength was in planning and positioning the pieces, and then being bold enough to let it happen. To let her plans come true."
The Librarian is standing at a verdant safari near Mount Kilimanjaro. Her shadow is visible.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "I was a part of many of those plans long before I was certain she was real. Before any of us were."
The Halo effect sweeps through the forest. The shadow vanishes.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "But at the end, we had only a fragment of her brilliance left to us; and I fear that she did not fully appreciate the nature of our situation here."
The Librarian's symbol appears, and then rapidly disassembles, reforming into the components of Guilty Spark himself.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "The problems of my post. But even a fragment of-"
Spark's voice and image is suddenly distorted. The camera's spin becomes erratic. Just as suddenly, he is back to normal.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "-fragment, yes. Oh dear. Here it comes again."