Terminal (Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary)/One
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Campaign level: The Pillar of Autumn (video-guide)
The terminal is one of the computer consoles located on the left side of the Autumn's bridge. All of the console's screens flash "INCOMING MESSAGE" in red, and a crewman is standing beside it instead of manning the console.
|“||The discovery of Halo becomes even more mysterious when the Pillar of Autumn receives a very familiar greeting.||”|
The screen of a communications terminal on the UNSC Pillar of Autumn's bridge is shown. The screen experiences graphical glitches, then changes to a Forerunner map of star systems in the local area of the galaxy.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Warning! By order of Ecumene Council, proximity to Installation 04 is forbidden."
The seven Halo rings are shown on screen. The fourth ring is highlighted. The ring's location is indicated in a cluster of stars.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Your continued presence will result in most unpleasant countermeasures. I must insist that you immediately change course and return to a minimum safe distance of one light-year."
Zoom into the highlighted area of space. The UNSC Pillar of Autumn is shown to be well inside the 0.5 light-year radius of the exclusion zone around the installation. The ship is circled by a red line, and a 30-second countdown begins.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "This has served as your one and final warning."
Guilty Spark begins to scan the structure of the Pillar of Autumn.
<Pillar of Autumn - Data Acquisition
1345.99.331.1 - 1322.214.171.124
Remote Access Limited>
- 343 Guilty Spark: "I have activated defensive systems, and you now have thirty seconds to return to the minimum safe distance of - wait. Curious..."
Historical data taken from the Autumn's systems are briefly displayed: a group of prehistoric humans around a fire, a citizen of ancient Greece, the Egyptian pyramids, a shot of an 18th-century city around the time of the Industrial Revolution, a soldier in World War II, an atomic bomb blast, Neil Armstrong standing on the Moon, the International Space Station, humans testing an unknown device (possibly a fusion reactor or Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine), an Orbital Defense Platform, and a SPARTAN-II.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Curious, indeed! After all these years..."
The lock-on circle surrouding the Autumn changes from red to green.
A trajectory for landing on the ring is displayed.
YOUR TRAJECTORY HAS NOT BEEN ADJUSTED
PLEASE LOCK IN NEW TRAJECTORY
Spark analyzes the Mark V MJOLNIR armor, as well as its human occupant.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Greetings, humans, and welcome to Installation 04! Ignore prior warnings, and please continue. I have disabled defensive systems to allow your approach, but you must not exit your ship once you have arrived at the designated landing center. This ring contains significant dangers, and even with your assumed legacy, I must verify the presence and pitch of your geas before allowing full access. We have much to discuss, humans."
343 Guilty Spark himself appears on-screen.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "I have been away far too long. You have been away far too long."