Archive:Halo Nation/Policies/Forum Monitor
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Forum Monitor is a rank available to users of Halo Nation's forums. Forum Monitors are entrusted with a small set of permissions on the forums, which should be used to keep the Halo Nation forums free of spam, advertising, harrassment and any other breaches of the Chat Policy.
As with all ranks on Halo Nation, the ideal Forum Monitor is simply an average user who has a few additional tools at their disposal. Forum Monitors should be friendly and welcoming to all users of Halo Nation and should only use their powers for the betterment of the forums. If you suspect a Forum Monitor has abused their power, please report it to a member of the Administration.
Forum Monitors have the following capabilities:
- Edit messages left on threads, in order to remove inappropriate content.
- Delete messages left on threads, to combat spam.
- Close forum threads, which prevents any more messages from being left on them.
- Move forum threads from one board to another, to keep the forums organised.
For a complete list of Forum Monitor rights, see the user group rights page.
To qualify for a nomination for the Forum Monitor rank on Halo Nation, a user must meet the following requirements. Users who are nominated but do not meet these requirements will be rejected outright, without going to a vote.
- A registered account on Halo Nation that is at least two months old.
- Made at least 600 total edits to Halo Nation, including a minimum of 400 contributions to the forums (which count as edits to the Board Thread namespace in Special:EditCount).
- Been active for a minimum of two months in the lead-up to the nomination. "Active" in this case is defined as having made a minimum of one contribution per month during that time.
- Not had an unsuccessful rank nomination in the past three months. This excludes nominations which the user rejected.
- No blocks or warnings for six months prior to the nomination. Those who have incurred such punishments in recent memory are unlikely to be good candidates for an administrator position.
- A detailed knowledge of Halo Nation and its operation, both with respect to its policies and its community.
The application process for the Forum Monitor rank is the same as that for all other ranks. It is explained in detail on the Rank Structure page, here.
List of Forum Monitors
There are currently no Forum Monitors.
There have been no past Forum Monitors.
There are currently no open applications for Forum Monitor.