From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
The traffic cone is a cone-shaped item placed on roads to restrict vehicle access.
In Halo 3 it is on many human-based maps, such as The Pit and Foundry (Heroic Map pack). These cones are usually found around fusion coils. If the fusion coils are shot, or a grenade is thrown at them, or they are stuck with a Anskum-pattern plasma grenade/spike grenade, the traffic cone will shoot across the map at great speed. It is possible to be splattered by a traffic cone. They also appear several times in campaign.
- The first person to get killed by a traffic cone in Halo 3 got the Recon Armor. (Please note that Bungie employees do not appreciate getting constant emails about being cone-splattered.)
- If you get a splatter kill with a Hornet and look on Bungie.net, it says you were killed by a traffic cone
- If you get a splatter kill with an Elephant and look on Bungie.net, it will say you were killed by a traffic cone.
- If you get a kill/killed by a traffic cone, on your Bungie.net profile it will say under classified: "I'm calling my lawyer!"
- You can see the first traffic cone splatter at this link