Terminal (Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary)/Six
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Campaign level: 343 Guilty Spark (video-guide)
The sixth terminal is found while riding the third elevator that will allow you to escape the underground facility. You'll find the terminal above the doorway you came out of. It can be reached by activating the elevator, then timing it correctly and jumping off onto the platform below (there is only one possible attempt due to the lack of elevator controls on the top floor).
|With his hopes for outside contact now buried, 343 Guilty Spark is (somewhat) comforted by a reminder of how deadly his responsibilities on Halo truly are.
A massive containment building have been built around the crashed alien ship.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Construction of the sarcophagus around the unexplained vessel was completed today. No occupants ever exited."
A visual representation of the broadcast is displayed.
SIGNAL - 4651858
- 343 Guilty Spark: "No attempts to communicate were made, other than the automated broadcast that repeated every 72.83 seconds until the signal terminated one week ago."
The broadcast gradually flatlines.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "In accordance with procedure, no attempts at physical or remote contact were made with any survivors of this vessel's inelegant landing."
Video logs showing the vessel's hull breaches are displayed. Gases seep from the openings, but eventually stops.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Atmosphere from inside the craft stopped venting two weeks before the signal ceased. No relationship between these two events can be established with certainty. Gases that did escape were sterilized. No further sign of alien visitors or rescuers has been identified on any sensor systems."
Guilty Spark floats silently into a verdant forest.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "I have now endured 60,000 years without word from outside the Array. I have no way to know whether we actually saved the galaxy we destroyed. And because of protocol I sat silently while my first chance to be judged for those acts died. To say that I regret being forced to this outcome is a tremendous understatement."
Guilty Spark then teleports into a Flood containment facility.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "But as I perform my inspection of the quarantine lab today, I am reminded of the gravity of my responsibilities."
Spark floats past a biological containment tank, imprisoning an immature and dormant infection form.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Just one of these spores, if released from this facility, would render the ultimate judgement against our self-appointed role as protectors of this galaxy."
Spark imagines the form rapidly maturing and falling from the sky, onto the surface of his Installation.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "When the plan to maintain the Halo Array was created, it was a point of some contention whether we should preserve any remnant of the Flood infection. Many thought this unwise, as there was a notable chance that one day one of our containment facilities might be breached. Those who held this belief were almost successful at convincing the Ecumene Council to destroy the last Flood samples..."
As the infection form reaches the surface, the Halo's landscape is rapidly transformed into a Flood-infested wasteland.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "...but oddly enough, it was the Librarian who decided otherwise. And I believe she was correct. I know, in a way I cannot logically explain, that there exists a way to actually defeat the Flood."
Various shots of a large Flood infestation are shown.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "To immunize...to cure. I still struggle with multiple layers of memory of fighting the Flood, but I know this cure is possible, even though the full genius of the Forerunners was unable to achieve it."
The view switches back to Guilty Spark, who is observing the containment tank.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "The Forerunners' ancient enemy held and used that knowledge once. But it was denied to us. And without samples to further study, that cure will never again be found. Of course, I have no reason to believe that here lies the entirety of the parasite. It may be waiting in the frozen void beyond this galaxy, or worse...inexorably drifting toward us."
The tiny infection form is silently floating inside the tank.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "I don't know what survives out beyond my installation, but I know that in order for anything to survive I have to protect this installation and its quarantine very carefully. Yes. The Librarian was right to store it, to examine it, continue to seek a cure."
The view switches back to the sarcophagus.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Still...next visitor, things will be different."