From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Does the energy cutlass reusable after the blade explodes? Does the blade regenerate or is it a one-use weapon?
This page seems fine. WRAITH 21:28, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
what are the sources for this article?
I could've sworn I read that the Grunts used the cutlass too, during the parts where the Colonial Militia stormed the Tiara. Gruntyking117 18:05, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
Appearance in Halo: Helljumpers?
In issue two, it appears that the Energy Cutlass finally makes it visual debut used by Jackals against the ODST forces of Ariel --Avatar of Chaos 14:29, September 18, 2009 (UTC)
- It definitely meets the description. If I can get a good scan of it, then I will. --TDSpiral94 05:55, April 1, 2010 (UTC)
I just finished reading Contact: Harvest, and I don't see it called an 'energy cutlass' anywhere. The closest I see is on page 125, where it's called a 'crystal cutlass'- and in fact, that's the only name it's given from the Kig-yar's perspective. Unless another source has called it an 'energy cutlass', which is possible, perhaps a name change is in order? Dewback rancher 23:00, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Seconding. I'm not too sure the crystal cutlass and the image we have in the article now are the same thing. The one pictured is rather clearly composed of some sort of energy. 21:52, 6 November 2012 (EST)
- Bump. The name is never used in Contact Harvest, not to mention that it isn't an energy weapon in the first place. Perhaps "blamite cutlass" would be a better title. --Our vengeance is at hand. (Talk to me.) 23:27, 31 August 2014 (EDT)
- I agree, either blamite or crystal cutlass should do. - NightHammer (talk) 23:37, 31 August 2014 (EDT)
- Just noticed that the 2010 edition of the Halo Encyclopedia (page 329) refers to the cutlass as the "energy cutlass", although it's likely they took the name from Halopedia. - NightHammer (talk) 10:59, 1 September 2014 (EDT)
- It's rather obviously taken from Halopedia, but since it doesn't contradict anything we might as well take it as factual. Though it's a little strange to base its name on the energy sword since they function so differently I suppose there's a certain aspect of "energy" to the blamite shards. --Jugus (Talk | Contribs) 01:03, 2 September 2014 (EDT)